Day covers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Nelson-Rigg is XL, but I never remove the Givi tail bag.

I'm on my third such cover, and each one was a little bit different material than the one before.

The first one actually got kinda rotten, and would tear very easily. Even so, it lasted more than two years of Florida sun every day at work.

The second one didn't rot, but I tore it when I stepped on it and lost my balance. It was nearly four years old.

The latest one is even lighter than the previous two, but only being a year old so far isn't even into middle age yet.

I use the Nelson Rigg. The current cover is about 5 years old and holding up well. I use it on trips and when I park at work daily. Packs up small enough and easy to use.

Thanks to all who offered opinions & experiences. I ordered the Ultragaurd, when I get it i'll report bake on my experience with it.

I really like my Geza cover when traveling. It does not take up much room.
https://www.gezagear.com
What's with the FJR on a trailer on that page? He bought the cover instead of an enclosed trailer? He must have just traded his Harley for the Feejer and doesn't realize the trailer is no longer needed.
punk.gif

Don't have a cover. I have a garage, but when on trips don't cover it. But, here in SoCal, we rarely need covers except for a towel on the seat to keep the sun off and not roast the boys when we get back on after the burger and stogie. I may invest in one tho, if the retirement plan, (delayed twice now) allows trips further afield.