Delkevic exhaust?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you like the tri-oval look, also check out Pipewerx cans. They're a little more expensive @ $500-600 but they are excellent quality and sound great.

PipewerxFJR13001.jpg

PipewerxFJR13002.jpg

And this type is a bit fugly on the FJR, but quite unusual looking. Also, would make changing the rear tire more convenient
rolleyessmileyanim.gif

product2717_3.jpg

Does anyone have some of these mentioned, installed? Maybe they would be kind enough to record how they sound for us to here. Thanks

And this type is a bit fugly on the FJR, but quite unusual looking. Also, would make changing the rear tire more convenient
rolleyessmileyanim.gif

product2717_3.jpg
I think I may bite on the short carbon fiber ones. Wish someone would report on sound. While cheap still dont want a fart can on my bike. I am very happy with my Two Brothers but would like carbon fiber and the shortys just look cool.

rolleyessmileyanim.gif

product2717_3.jpg
I think I may bite on the short carbon fiber ones. Wish someone would report on sound. While cheap still dont want a fart can on my bike. I am very happy with my Two Brothers but would like carbon fiber and the shortys just look cool.
What kind of 2 Bros do you have?? If you're gonna buy these and sell those, keep me in mind. I really want a set of 2 Bros. Do you have the Power Tips??

I'm thinking of a deal right now. If'n you're interested, send me a PM.

They are currently on ebay under 300.00 delivered ,and I sure could stand to lose the weight,that and my ballistic battery is near 15 lbs. the sound is my concern , but I guess you just you have to buy them and see,like obama care,vote for it first !!read later

I bought the exact ones about 6 weeks ago because like you I liked the price. They are great, fit just fine, and sound very nice. You can also take out the noise suppressor-baffle and although I haven't done that I guess they sound pretty racy that way. Maybe the higher end brand name pipes might be better quality but geeezzzz we are talking about maybe 500-600.00 difference! I will say there was a little drama getting them shipped as I got them off eBay it said more than 10 on hand, only problem was I guess the 10 on hand were in Europe because that's where they shipped from which took about 10 days. Last thing, I had to get the muffler gaskets because I couldn't get the ones out of the stock pipes, and I didn't know that until I went to install the Delkevics. May want to get those while you are waiting to get the Delkevics in if indeed you cant get yours out either, they were about 17.00 each.

A little investigation reveals that these muffs are made in China, so there's the explanation as to why they're so cheap. This product will certainly cut into all those guys who sell their stuff for 3-4 times the Delkevic price.

IMHO this type looks good.
product2706_3.jpg
I just ordered a set of these off ebay...supposed to be delivered by 2/11.

They call these the "stubby" model. They're 14" long compared to the standard cans at 18"...I like the shorty look.

talked to a friend of mine about DELKEVIC, he says the quality is pretty good for the money, he has a Carbon Fiber set and he said he was surprised how good the quality was when he got them, he expected cheaper material for the low price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the post. I pulled the trigger on a set of the 18-inchers. A little extra sound & some growl never hurt.

You install them yet? People waiting for a video, you know!

Sorry no video but they look/sound great, look just like the above pic!!

The center stand stop is a little off from where it should be and you have to play with the position a little but I got it to work ok.

Only thing is it won't let the center stand retract fully........hangs down about 2 inches from fully retracted.

Shouldn't be a problem though still plenty of clearence.

The center stand stop is a little off from where it should be and you have to play with the position a little but I got it to work ok.

Only thing is it won't let the center stand retract fully........hangs down about 2 inches from fully retracted.

What did you do about the gaskets? Stock gaskets or hi-temp silicone sealant?

Could you post some pics? Sound byte?

Be careful SoCalFJR1300, if your centerstand is 2" lower you'll be dragging it when leaned over in the corners.

What did you do about the gaskets? Stock gaskets or hi-temp silicone sealant?
Didn't come with any gaskets?? What was I suppossed to do with gaskets??

There were also no instructions with the cans, installation seemed pretty straightforward though.

Last edited by a moderator: