Dropped your '06 yet?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's no record but, I'll laugh at him anyways.

in simpson's voice "....ha...ha......"

OK - A slight variation on the original question -- Who dropped their's earliest --
my put: Picked up the bike [05, 0 miles], drove home, stopped on the inclined driveway,

-- opened the garage door

-- got back on the bike

-- tried to start it with the kick stand down [didn't work, obviously]

-- pulled the kickstand up w/o having my feet set just right [29-30" inseam], and

.... TIIIIMMMMBEEERRRR - scratched plastic on fairing and bags before even getting her in the garage. DOH!! :headbonk:

Anybody do it sooner [and willing to admit it]?
I think I got you beat on my Connie, The dealer delivered it to my house, I rode it to the gas station 3 blocks away, filled it up and rode it home, tried to put it on the center stand in my garage with 6.6 gal of fuel in it....... over she went!

So I dropped it after 6 blocks!
I've got you both way beat. wait, why am i bragging about this??

You dropped it already, fjrchik? Oh, christ on a bike...please, someone put you out of your misery.

no, not my new one. it was my first bike.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, what's the story? You were sitting on the display bike and dropped it so they made you buy it?

good job figuring out your controls. someone has had some time to play!

Dropped it outside the dealership right when you picked it up? Picked up and dropped off like a cheap mexican hooker.

Yep, dropped it two days AFTER installing Skyways sliders. Making a U turn coming down my street into my driveway and up the sidewalk so I could back the bike into the garage. (I live on a steep hill)

A fairly tricky thing to do given the slope, the curb, and narrowness of the U turn needed. Not really sure what went wrong, likely just not enough power going into the curb. I was on my side with the bike on me before I even knew I fucked up.

Slider did it's job and saved , from what I could see as it lay there, just about the entire left side of the fairing. Only damage to report is a four inch long scrape on the left sidecase, and a few flecks of paint off the left mirror. Impact was so gentle realy that the mirror did not even fold in. There is a pea sized scrape of the bottom of the alternator cover, and a little roughness can be felt on the footpegs "feeler gauge" (which would get worn down some in time anyway)

As I told Ian, I thank the Slider Gods for letting me install the sliders before this occoured, and of course thanked Ian for offering them to us lesser fools to begin with.

Knifemaker

I've got one if you want it.... came already installed on my bike, but I'm not packing anyone...at least not very far...
Mary, Do you have a Givi rack or a Givi rack with one of my plates attached to it? It moves the box mounting base back about 3 inches so the backrest pad can be used and is comfortable. It looks like this:
IMG_03431.jpg

Yep, dropped it two days AFTER installing Skyways sliders. Making a U turn coming down my street into my driveway and up the sidewalk so I could back the bike into the garage. (I live on a steep hill)A fairly tricky thing to do given the slope, the curb, and narrowness of the U turn needed. Not really sure what went wrong, likely just not enough power going into the curb. I was on my side with the bike on me before I even knew I fucked up.

Slider did it's job and saved , from what I could see as it lay there, just about the entire left side of the fairing. Only damage to report is a four inch long scrape on the left sidecase, and a few flecks of paint off the left mirror. Impact was so gentle realy that the mirror did not even fold in. There is a pea sized scrape of the bottom of the alternator cover, and a little roughness can be felt on the footpegs "feeler gauge" (which would get worn down some in time anyway)

As I told Ian, I thank the Slider Gods for letting me install the sliders before this occoured, and of course thanked Ian for offering them to us lesser fools to begin with.
So, can I take credit for my original post in this thread prompting you to get sliders ASAP? If so, then it was worth the flames I endured.

I'm here. Gee ODOT, I hope it isn't contagious...I'm just 5 or 6 miles from you.

I was checking out my new ride and dropped it because I stopped too fast (that ABS is great!). I'm glad I dropped it in avacant parking lot rather than on Norwood or Bedford-Euless Road.

I'm ordering sliders ASAP.

Ray

Last edited:

I'm here. Gee ODOT, I hope it isn't contagious...I'm just 5 or 6 miles from you.

I was checking out my new ride and dropped it because I stopped too fast (that ABS is great!). I'm glad I dropped it in avacant parking lot rather than on Norwood or Bedford-Euless Road.

I'm ordering sliders ASAP.

Ray
If you are five or six miles from me, you should be safe...as I am not planning on dropping mine. Whether at a stand still or riding. Hope for contagion. ;)

yeah, it happened to me on Memorial Day. Went 10 miles to see one of my buds to show him my new scoot and after he drooled appropriately and bullshitted with me I got on the new blue beauty and backed out of his driveway. Shoulda pulled up and got a different approach to leave but no, stupid me. I gave her a bit of gas and promptly got too far on the left side and dropped my baby on the ground.

Thank God for the Motovation sliders and the lack of the bags for this trip. Buggered the slider, who cares!, just a slight scratch on the left muffler and a 2X2 scratch on the mirror is all i have to show, besides my embarrassment and humilitation.

Got home and talked to my pal next door with a new 06 FJR and asked him to please leave his garage door open until about 11 pm cuz I need a left hand mirror. He came over and looked and told me there is no way he is going to ride his bike until he has installed the sliders, NO SHIT!!!!

THe body shop says, 60 to spray the mirror if I do the sanding and prep, I got off easy except for my pride.

Oh well, shit happens and most of us will have this happen sometime, just don't be cheap and forget to do whatever you can do to minimize the damage.

hope that you don't do what I just did, it sucks!!! :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

I won't do what you just did. My "feelings" hurt worse then scratching a motorscooter. "don't hurt my feelings"....puhwease?