End Of Days - Zombie Apocalypse!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The end is near! I'm in! (and this time I'll come with fresh tires...)
What!? You're actually gonna ride in this one? The end MUST be near! :p :lol:

(Registered & paid minutes after I opened the invite. The sickness runs deep within me. :dribble: )

Current breakdown of entrants:

Zombie Rider #1: RenoJohn :lol:
No doubt a red-line clutch-drop will happen as

"End Of Days - Zombie Apocalypse Rider #1"

Points his bike out of Ely toward the end of the world.

This event is not to be missed, and I'm honored to have (again) earned the #1 rider number. This is my 3rd consecutive Cognescente event as rider #1. If you think i'm boasting, you're correct.

.....Nice knowing all of ya ...the end is coming soon, our remaining days are limited. See you in Ely.

The end is near! I'm in! (and this time I'll come with fresh tires...)
What!? You're actually gonna ride in this one? The end MUST be near! :p :lol:

(Registered & paid minutes after I opened the invite. The sickness runs deep within me. :dribble: )
<trash-talk on>

It's true, I'll be there with the fast-color FJR (unless I have something else by then) so you'd better not be riding that POS American-made crap-o-iron if you expect to stay ahead of me and the zombies!

<trash-talk off>

This does sound like a fun one. Wish I could get in on it...perhaps next year.
Sadly, there won't be one the following year, for two reasons:

1) The Cognoscente Group runs on even years..... '06 White Pine Fiver, '08 "WORD!", '10 "Wild, Wild West!", '12 EODZA....

2) The Cognoscente never repeats the theme of an event. Each one is different theme. Always.

So if you want in on some zombie-killin'..... now is the time to strike. :D

A database check right now shows we are down to 10 open slots remaining. Tick-tock, tick-tock....... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
zombie-tools-hellion-600.jpg
Has anyone talked to custom sheath makers??

-I'll be looking for a sheath to mount my weapon to my FJR --and certainly I'm not alone on this thought. Who will be taking the lead and putting together a group buy for our sheaths??

cheers,

-I'll be looking for a sheath to mount my weapon to my FJR --and certainly I'm not alone on this thought. Who will be taking the lead and putting together a group buy for our sheaths??

cheers,

I was thinking of a setup like this.

TOM02020.JPG

Fork mounted, chariot style

My wife prefers my weapon unsheathed. YMMV.

Only head shots are effective Zombie stoppers.
Correct, only some major cranial trauma will stop a Walker.

For example.... a double-headed axe to the skull will ruin a Zombie's day..... :D

Episode-2-Glenn-Rick-Axe-760.jpg

Or, perhaps a little batting practice.....

Episode-4-Morales-760.jpg

Then again... a .357 Magnum to the head is a no-brainer.... literally. :lol:

Episode-4-Walker-Shot-760.jpg

it is obvious that a good portion of this rally will be run in the Zombie infested Battle Born State of Nevada ......

So, here are few "insider tips" that might help you prepare for the special breed of Nevada Zombies that you are likely to encounter:

1.) https://renozombiecrawl.com/

2.) How to survive a Nevda Zombie Attack (clcky)

3.)

(yes, Rally HQ is the world meca for Nevada Zombies)

Down to 5 slots remaining available as of 5am this morning.

When I let fly on the LDRider list here in a couple hours, these 5 slots will likely be gone in a flash, whereupon a Wait List will start up.

...tick-tock.....

female-zombie.jpg

<trash-talk on>

It's true, I'll be there with the fast-color FJR (unless I have something else by then) so you'd better not be riding that POS American-made crap-o-iron if you expect to stay ahead of me and the zombies!

<trash-talk off>
Wouldn't you rather I take the V-Twinkie since loud noises attract zombies? Proof positive that loud pipes save lives! ;)

Wouldn't you rather I take the V-Twinkie since loud noises attract zombies? Proof positive that loud pipes save lives! ;)
Only if that V-Twinkie can move with a purpose..... keep in mind the math involved.

Finisher's need 1,649 corrected miles/32 hours = 51.3 mph average.

Which sound pretty tame, but.... if you want to stop for such trivial items such as fuel, photographing bonii, etc.... then it becomes a different story.

I recommend you take your FJR. :D

sidebar: down to four remaining slots as of 8am .....

Full.

50 machines, 54 Zombies (four entries are 2-up).

Standby List has been created.... registration is still open for those folks: EODZA Standby List Registration

EODZA Fun Facts:

BIKES:

BMW: 28% - mostly K-bikes

Honda: 30% - more ST1100s/ST1300s than Wingabagoes

Suzuki: 4% - no Women's V-Stroms

Yamaha: 38% - mostly FJR1300s

Kawasaki: 0% (all those big-talking C14 guys pussed out....)

Largest Bike: 1800 cc's

Smallest Bike: 600 cc's

Newest Bike: 2012

Oldest Bike: 1997

COUNTRIES represented:

Canada: 14%

Ireland: 2%

USA: 82%

Texas: 2%

PEOPLE:

IBR veterans: 62%

MERA veterans: 76%

IBR Winners/Podium Finishers: 18%

MERA Winners/Podium Finishers: 27%

Females: 16%

Cognoscente virgins: 30% (!!!!)

This does sound like a fun one. Wish I could get in on it...perhaps next year.
Sadly, there won't be one the following year, for two reasons:

1) The Cognoscente Group runs on even years..... '06 White Pine Fiver, '08 "WORD!", '10 "Wild, Wild West!", '12 EODZA....

2) The Cognoscente never repeats the theme of an event. Each one is different theme. Always.

So if you want in on some zombie-killin'..... now is the time to strike. :D

A database check right now shows we are down to 10 open slots remaining. Tick-tock, tick-tock....... ;)
digging back farther...

Mass Gold

WITHIPH?

Howl At The Moon

(one with t-shirts that you wore after shooting bullet holes in them)

always fun concepts wrapped around challenging rides.

Finisher's need 1,649 corrected miles/32 hours = 51.3 mph average.
on a 1611 mile Congno ride, i can assure you that you had to target an aggressive goal to maintain at least the minimum needed for the distance plus required overhead. the 32 hours helps with this over the time i'm thinking but there's still overhead.