EOM '16 Hawaiian Shirt Contest

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I cam home from work, Marie was excited to show me what she bought at Bealls department store. A Hawaiian shirt! She's amped to where at EOM, though no contest for her, just wants to honor Don.
The group photo of us all in the shirts, should be a great thing to send to Donna!
Yep! Donna posted on Facebook that see wants that picture. Don's sister Mary wants it too. I'm Facebook friends with both of them. I make sure they get it.
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
When I cam home from work, Marie was excited to show me what she bought at Bealls department store. A Hawaiian shirt! She's amped to where at EOM, though no contest for her, just wants to honor Don.
The group photo of us all in the shirts, should be a great thing to send to Donna!
Yep! Donna posted on Facebook that see wants that picture. Don's sister Mary wants it too. I'm Facebook friends with both of them. I make sure they get it.
smile.png
We'll be sure to put a copy of it in the guest book that travels with Don as well. :wub:

smile.png
We'll be sure to put a copy of it in the guest book that travels with Don as well.
wub.png
Cool.
thumbsup.gif

I think I still have one or two kicking around from the old days. Unfortunately I threw out the outrageous ones years ago. It may be a tame one, but I too will have a Hawaiian shirt to wear in honor of BeemerDon!!!

Never was all that big into the Hawaiian shirts, myself, but Papa Chuy could always pull it off with aplomb, even up in the land of the midnight sun, and somehow always looked completely natural and in his element.

I'll never forget the first time I met him in person, after ,many years of forum banter. It was up at CFR in Fredrickton. He was wedged into a little (for him) plastic lawn chair, mixed drink in one hand, and a wet rag in the other, wiping his Miss Lucy Liu down. He was wearing RayBan sunglasses on his mug and the ubiquitous loud Hawaiian Shirt covering his impressively developed midsection. I'd never seen anyone wash a bike sitting down before, nevermind with a mixed drink in one hand. .He developed that style.

The only one in my closet was a lame-o monotone thing that was probably gifted to me at some time, so I had to go online for one a bit more "appropriate" to the occasion. BeemerDonS and I didn't always see quite eye to eye on some things, but that doesn't mean that I don't miss the big lug. I definitely should have taken him up on one of his offers to join him on one of his Mexico offroad excursions. Sometimes we just don't know what we are passing up on when we do..

Last edited by a moderator:
Fred, is there anyone we can see eye to eye, all of the time? No, but that doesn't stop us from being friends, or having respect for one another. Good to know we think alike in that respect. I look forward to shaking your hand.

I'll add you and Pura Vida.

I seriously hope lots of pix are taken and shared for those of us not able to attend...What a great idea, JSNS!