EOM 2012 dates?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Switzerland Inn's tent sites

Vertical-Mountain-Camping.jpg
Gonna need more than a DRZ to get up there...

There's a Best Western in Jefferson, NC with reasonable rates and a big parking lot right on Main St. It's just east of the TN state line and Cherokee Nat'l Forest. Go in the other direction and it's 11 miles to the BRP or go north into VA. And, just in case, there's a Yamaha dealer right down the road.

Lots of talk about location but what about the dates or did I miss them. CFO has set their dates of September 13-15 don't know why they changed from June but I would like to attend both if dates don't conflict.

Lots of talk about location but what about the dates or did I miss them. CFO has set their dates of September 13-15 don't know why they changed from June but I would like to attend both if dates don't conflict.
Yep, I am hoping that EOM is the third weekend in September, as usual, so I can combine CFO and EOM into one long ride.

Guess we'll have to wait and see who, if anyone, steps up to organize the thing. There's still plenty of time except for those folk who have to schedule their vacation a year in advance.

I'm kind of surprised we haven't heard any suggestions from the folks in places like New England, upper state NY the Ozark area, etc. :unsure:

I guess they're happy with middle Appalachia? Nothing wrong with that.
Fred W tried to host EOM in New England but was told that the current folks that were involved in hosting EOM that they wanted to keep the event closer to the center of the east coast. It was at this time Fred W took it upon himself along with some other New Englanders to host the first NERDS event last summer. The rest is history as they say.
Let me just chime in to say that, in retrospect, I think that this was definitely for the best. EOM has a long history of being in the mid-Atlantic mountain states, and in the September time frame. Having another event up in New England in late summer just gives us all more options through the year.

How could more choices possibly be wrong? :p

PS - I liked Lewisburg a lot!

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the idea of going back to Lewisburg. The ride down and back, for me, is about as good as the rides while there. The venue has been good in the past and the dates work for me.

-Greg-

New FJR owner here. I live in Lewisburg...sooo..if you guys could have it somewhere else

that would be great...LOL

Really though its pretty close to home so the ride to the event wouldn't be as fun..<smile>

but it is a great community with motorcycle roads for everyone. And I could save a ton of

money on meals, hotels and gas. :yahoo:

Anyway, if you folks choose to have it here just shoot me a PM if theres anything

I can do to help with logistics.

New FJR owner here. I live in Lewisburg...sooo..if you guys could have it somewhere else

Really though its pretty close to home so the ride to the event wouldn't be as fun..<smile>

but it is a great community with motorcycle roads for everyone. And I could save a ton of

Anyway, if you folks choose to have it here just shoot me a PM if theres anything

Do we have an organizer ???? :rolleyes:

Ummm...Uhhh...whats that involve?

Be willing to help with whatever I can.

How many people are we talking about?

I was thinking..doesnt happen much..but have you

folks looked into state park resorts. WV has a few you

might want to look into...

Pipestem Resort- state run about 45 minutes south of Lewisburg

Stonewall Jackson Resort- also state run about 2 hours north of Lewisburg

Hawks nest- state run near gauly bridge..white water rafting close.

Twin Falls resort- state run..south of beckley about 1/2 hour.

A lot of the WV state parks have hotels, restaurants etc..

Not trying to discourage Lewisburg. Its a great place to have a rally.

There are several new hotels in town also. Right beside the brier inn they

built two. One is a hampton with a pool. I think the other is a Holiday inn

express. They are all three within walking distance of each other.

Just throwing out some other choices.

Last edited by a moderator:

let's have it at your house

seriously, let's have it back at cumberland falls one more year

its a good given, good experience and lots more roads I didn't see

can try to improve on the 2011 experience where possible

let's have it at your house

seriously, let's have it back at cumberland falls one more year

its a good given, good experience and lots more roads I didn't see

can try to improve on the 2011 experience where possible
Sounds good to me. I missed it last year.