EOM 2012 dates?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
imagesCAUO76OJ.jpg

Don't forget about Asheville, NC. Very good location right at the Blue Ridge and change can be good! :fan_1: I don't think anyone would be disappointed. :drinks:

Agreed about Asheville... but there are lots of locations to ride... & ride well.

I would second Cumberland Falls again. Lots of great roads left unexplored. I still believe one of the best entrance and exit roads to the hotel that I have ever found.

I would second Cumberland Falls again. Lots of great roads left unexplored. I still believe one of the best entrance and exit roads to the hotel that I have ever found.
We also enjoyed the roads around the park. The reason that my group was interested in something a little more central as this was a solid 1,000+ mile trip just to get to the roads. I will be there regardless of the location but my son and nephew get less vacation than I do. Last year they had 4 days of up and back around 2 days of riding the local roads.

Plan it (your choice of where) & they will come.

The Asheville / Hendersonville, NC area is very appealing at this point.

Lots to due in Asheville for those who have pillons looking for distraction (Biltmore Estate & BRP amoung others). Lots of quality ride destinations within reach (Boone / Shady Valley, Burkes Garden, VA16, N. Georgia, E. Tenn & BRP).

-Wayne

Don't forget about Asheville, NC. Very good location right at the Blue Ridge and change can be good! :fan_1: I don't think anyone would be disappointed. :drinks:

We also enjoyed the roads around the park. The reason that my group was interested in something a little more central as this was a solid 1,000+ mile trip just to get to the roads. I will be there regardless of the location but my son and nephew get less vacation than I do. Last year they had 4 days of up and back around 2 days of riding the local roads.
I know the feeling. We rode 985 miles to get there. Ride all day, hotel that night, ride the rest to the location and arrive in the afternoon. Same basic time as your trip. I am fine with anywhere it is. Push come to shove we can always take the Auto Train up to Virginia and ride down from there to save some time. Like was just said in a recent reply, "Plan it and they will come."

I am personally hoping that the meet isn't back in KY this coming year. Not because the riding wasn't fun or the people & venue weren't great.

I am hoping for more technical riding then that area has to offer... & that is just a personal wish. The riding in Lewisburg is awesome... but we've already met there twice.

Asheville has some awesome first class technical riding & is a place that should be looked at thoroughly.

I am personally hoping that the meet isn't back in KY this coming year. Not because the riding wasn't fun or the people & venue weren't great.

I am hoping for more technical riding then that area has to offer... & that is just a personal wish. The riding in Lewisburg is awesome... but we've already met there twice.

Asheville has some awesome first class technical riding & is a place that should be looked at thoroughly.
Great area for riding. I'm no kneedragger, I love it for the spectacular scenery.

Asheville would be outstanding. If that doesn't pan out the Boone/Blowing Rock area just to the NE of Asheville is nice and has some larger type hotels to handle Appalachian State University goings on.

Asheville is in the running then - thoughts on Cherokee, NC? 60 miles east, at the "good" end of the BRP, and also a gateway to many wonderful roads...

Asheville is in the running then - thoughts on Cherokee, NC? 60 miles east, at the "good" end of the BRP, and also a gateway to many wonderful roads...
One humble opinion-Asheville over Cherokee. Traffic congestion around Cherokee is BAD and the only quick path to freedom is the BRP. Asheville is easier to escape. 20 minutes out of Asheville in any direction and it's good riding.

One humble opinion-Asheville over Cherokee. Traffic congestion around Cherokee is BAD and the only quick path to freedom is the BRP. Asheville is easier to escape. 20 minutes out of Asheville in any direction and it's good riding.
Very good point, thank you.

Wayne, have you considered Maggie Valley? I think that we looked at it for NAFO & it wouldn't work. It may for EOM, though.