EOM 2016 - Registration and Info Update

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mona has the ST model. We'll be meeting you guys Wednesday night in WV and hanging out! Look forward to seeing you and Debbie again?
Chuck Norris coming?
He's coming to NERDS, I'll present this to him at that time and I'm sure as long as he's not busy that weekend.

Registered with shirts for Laura and I. Looking forward to it!!!!
Mike- You twooz meeting us at the Kennedy St Cafe Weds 9AM? ....If so, get your hop over room booked at the Super-8, Fairmont WV; only $52/nite. :)

Registered with shirts for Laura and I. Looking forward to it!!!!
Mike- You twooz meeting us at the Kennedy St Cafe Weds 9AM? ....If so, get your hop over room booked at the Super-8, Fairmont WV; only $52/nite.
smile.png
Unfortunately, Laura's new job doesn't give her vacation days until she's been there a year. She built up some comp time they're letting her use, but we'll be hightailing it down on Thursday. She's really excited about the trip though! (me too!!)

Wayne, did you get my shirt size correction through the "contact us" link?

Update 8/4/16 @ 20:45

Alan Aka ionbeam

Allen Aka Allen_C

Brandon Aka Bseelbach

Brenda Aka Mrs Clocklaw

Charles Aka BkerChuck

David Aka Adirondackjack

Debbie Aka Shooz

Don Aka deagle

Donna Aka None

Donna Aka n/a

Fred Aka Fred W

Gary Aka vabrzn

George Aka cota95

Gerald Aka Clocklaw

Gina Aka GinaMcD

Glen Aka senecahome

Glenn Aka Mossyrocks

Greg Aka Geezer

Heidi Aka luvtoride

Helen Aka Mehitabel

Jane Aka NA

Joann Aka Josie W

Joe Aka ElToroJoe

John Aka bbdig

Justin Aka JustinNck1

Ken Aka Chivvalry

KJ Aka Top_Speed1

Laura Aka wnyfjr

Line Aka ImWithBungie

Marie Aka Bucwench (not on forum)

Marty Aka 0face

Mel Aka Ozzy

Michael Aka wnyfjr

Michael Aka Wine Guy

Paul Aka Asphalt Junkie

Pete aka HyperPete

Peter Aka petey

Ramona Aka BkerMona (not on forum)

Ray Aka raYzerman

Rob Aka Lkld

Scott Aka Blind Squirrel

Steve Aka Bungie

Steve Aka stevec677

Tim Aka Madmudder

Tom Aka lonerider

Tyler Aka Tyler

Victor Aka Majicmaker

I am in Room 113, but have not yet registered. Since I'm a butt-head, why the increase in registration fees?

I am in Room 113, but have not yet registered. Since I'm a butt-head, why the increase in registration fees?
It only went up for you Tom, and you answered your own question. :D

We are at a different venue, and I'm sure meals don't cost the same everywhere, even though costs are kept down to a minimum. Plus, Wayne has to have $$ to buy his kids #2 pencils for school, and antidepressants for the headaches that providing a fun meet and greet.

Or Wayne has figured out the worst scheme ever to save for retirement.

Well, Wheatie is kinda in the ball park on a couple of points. Here’s some more insight for what happens behind the scenes.

Main driver for the rally fee increase ($4 over 2015) is the fact that this hotel does not do catering; We have to use a local catering company and with that impacts the meal cost. Also, this hotel charges a bit more for conference room / banquet space.

I have to set rally fees to cover those costs with a minimum head count I estimate will attend. If I set the fees based on too high of a number and we fall short of that attendance estimate, who is going to cover the gap between rally funds and the actual invoice? The margin or buffer has gotten a little too close for comfort in the past 2 years, so a slight bump to ensure I didn’t get stuck with paying an amount due out of my own pocket.

Now, of course, someone will say that I could go back to the group after the fact and probably get some to kick in a few extra bucks to cover that, but the hotel and caterer expects payment at the time service is provided.

Finding adequate NEW venues has become more and more difficult. Look at Wytheville – 22 hotels there according to Google Maps, and only one with a meeting / banquet room that would seat 100+ for a banquet meal. Our other option was the local convention center and catering; with that option would have brought a higher rally fee due to the cost of renting the convention center space for the meal. Another option could be a parking lot tailgate style meal, but how many times have we had rain at EOM??

I have asked for some comp room days, and plan to put those into the door prize raffle if the hotel provides them. I pay my rally fee, shirt cost, and I pay for my hotel room – EOM is not funding my vacation or retirement.

Wayne

Over the years I've helped with the organizing of events similar to this, not the head cheese but one of the lieutenants in the background involved in the minutiae. It ain't pretty, folks. It's like making sausage. I tip my hat to those who jump in and take that on.