EOM 2018 - Maggie Valley, NC - September 20-23, 2018

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to try and make it down. Just finished a 700 mile trip, which I know isn't a lot for some you, but I'm still getting used to longer rides again. Man, I miss being 20, lol...

Look forward to meeting some of you fine folks!

Dan

Dan - found you... I accidentally left the EOM registration published while doing some live testing and I see you found it. I may have to refund your order because I have not completely finalized costs and rally fees yet, and I have a few bugs to work out with the shipping options in the storefront.

Did the order process smoothly for you? Were there any issues with moving through the shopping cart and into paypal for payment?

thanks in advance for the feedback...

Wayne

I'm going to try and make it down. Just finished a 700 mile trip, which I know isn't a lot for some you, but I'm still getting used to longer rides again. Man, I miss being 20, lol...

Dan

Dan - found you... I accidentally left the EOM registration published while doing some live testing and I see you found it. I may have to refund your order because I have not completely finalized costs and rally fees yet, and I have a few bugs to work out with the shipping options in the storefront.

Did the order process smoothly for you? Were there any issues with moving through the shopping cart and into paypal for payment?

thanks in advance for the feedback...

Wayne

Dan
Whoops! I thought it was up and running, lol. I had no problems getting the order processed.

Dan

Damn it! I was thinking about a combination EOM / SFO ride in late September but it looks like I got roped into riding the Black Hills with the Dakota Dual Sport Riders this weekend. I introduced a friend to Black Hills Dual Sport riding this spring at the spring rally and I promised him I would go back to the fall rally not knowing it was going to work out to be the same weekend as EOM. I'm glad I was able to attend South East Ohio this spring and see a few folks in Spearfish because riding plans aren't working out so good as far as seeing FJR friends this year.

Bummer - but on the up side, it means there is less of a chance that the local Po-Po will show up looking for you at the hotel (again)...

Damn it! I was thinking about a combination EOM / SFO ride in late September but it looks like I got roped into riding the Black Hills with the Dakota Dual Sport Riders this weekend. I introduced a friend to Black Hills Dual Sport riding this spring at the spring rally and I promised him I would go back to the fall rally not knowing it was going to work out to be the same weekend as EOM. I'm glad I was able to attend South East Ohio this spring and see a few folks in Spearfish because riding plans aren't working out so good as far as seeing FJR friends this year.

Bummer - but on the up side, it means there is less of a chance that the local Po-Po will show up looking for you at the hotel (again)...
Cat's out of the bag... we need the background story to fully appreciate this jab.
smile.png

Cat's out of the bag... we need the background story to fully appreciate this jab. :)
2 years ago, in Wytheville, VA. Kevin and Lisa pulled into the hotel's parking lot with no less than 4 police cars in tow...however no performance awards were issued.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cat's out of the bag... we need the background story to fully appreciate this jab.
smile.png
2 years ago, in Wytheville, VA. Kevin and Lisa pulled into the hotel's parking lot with no less than 4 police cars in tow...however no performance awards were issued.
Stories always age well and get better with time, but it was only three squad cars and a white pickup full of angry people who dropped the dime claiming we were doing something foolish like passing on a double yellow.
not_i.gif
Police were totally cool and did their best to make it appear to the complainant like they were doing their job to enforce traffic safety. When the police finally caught up to us I realized Lisa and I were doing 50 in a 35 right before we turned into the hotel. I thought our goose was cooked getting caught speeding as we turned into the hotel but by the time we parked the bike three of them were there.

Three%20cops-L.jpg

Fucking biker hooligans. The red bike was obviously the instigator, and he conned a WOMAN into that anti-social behavior!

I could believe Lisa was involved with something like this, but a MSF instructor/supervisor from Nor Dakoda, not in a million years. JSNS

If that picture is not a candidate for a "caption this" contest, I don't know what is...

:)

smile.png
Stories always age well and get better with time, but it was only three squad cars and a white pickup full of angry people who dropped the dime claiming we were doing something foolish like passing on a double yellow.
not_i.gif
Police were totally cool and did their best to make it appear to the complainant like they were doing their job to enforce traffic safety. When the police finally caught up to us I realized Lisa and I were doing 50 in a 35 right before we turned into the hotel. I thought our goose was cooked getting caught speeding as we turned into the hotel but by the time we parked the bike three of them were there.

Three%20cops-L.jpg

Dan
we usally meet at the Gumsprings exit 159 off 64 west. vabikebreaker

Dan
we usally meet at the Gumsprings exit 159 off 64 west. vabikebreaker
Thanks! As we get closer to the date, we'll have to set the time too...lol.

Dan

Latest posts