Ethanol Free Gas makes it better

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Living in (nebulous) Colorado you may be at altitude and can run 85 octane, not knock and get better gas mileage.
I believe Nebulous, Co is an unincorporated suburb of Boulder.
jester.gif

Anyway, I've put about 28k miles on my '07 almost all with 85 octane and nary a ping. I've occasionally run higher octane fuel but the only difference I notice is my wallet feels lighter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I new Nebulous sounded familiar. Thanks for clearing it up Denver FJR. I believe it's just a mile over the line on Stoned Dr.

Anyway I'm not fretting the lean stumble. I will be adding a PCV in the next farkle purchase. I was just curious if anyone thought there was a connection between high octane and the lean behavior. Thanks for the info and I'll be switching to 85.

Cheers

First of all, I did not say this

FJRat said:

so at 85 octane it ought to burn more quickly than the stuff below the hills
Uh, yeah, you did. A link to your August 3, 6:04 p.m. post for your memory-jogging convenience. It was also quoted and responded to at least two other times.
wink.png

Hey Numbnuts,

Since you are spending your time doing research, note that Geezer was the one who mentioned 85 octane and part of that sentence got mixed up with half of what I intended to said. Obviously, that post doesn't even make sense.

I am not sure how that happened. I never seen 85 octane. There ain't such thing around here. And I don't ride in elevations. There ain't such thing in my neck of the wood...

I suppose it is easier for you to mouth on the internet where no one can slap the sheetta out of you. Don't you have a family to go spend time with, maybe make their lives miserable? You are misdirecting your energy flipopino. Get off my back.

note that Geezer was the one who mentioned 85 octane and part of that sentence got mixed up with half of what I intended to said. Obviously, that post doesn't even make sense.
I *think* can see now you're lack of ability to use the quote button does seem to be the issue here. It wasn't obvious at all, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this point.

Remainder is valid though.

I suppose it is easier for you to mouth on the internet where no one can slap the sheetta out of you. Don't you have a family to go spend time with, maybe make their lives miserable? You are misdirecting your energy flipopino. Get off my back.
I would caution against chest-thumping flames too. I just posted the monthly stats for July and it was really good. Let's not ruin August by forcing the admins' hands on such.

I would caution against chest-thumping flames too. I just posted the monthly stats for July and it was really good. Let's not ruin August by forcing the admins' hands on such.
I suppose your are right...my bad.

Oh good gawd...

My FJR vibrates, ethanol makes it run bad, you guys don't appreciate me...

I guess whatever dealership sold this 2014 FJR forgot to check for the Man Card.

And then this little comment: "I suppose it is easier for you to mouth on the internet where no one can slap the sheetta out of you".

While grammar and spelling obviously are not your strong point, you do realize that could cut both ways don't you? Since you listed your location as "Earth" I am guessing that is out of fear of exactly such a scenario taking place. Based on your lack of forum etiquette and your lack of respect for the Admins the internet seems a pretty safe place for you to hide.

I don't see you having a wonderful and productive future here. But do carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.