Eugene man arrested for allegedly riding over 160 mph on I-5

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's going to be interesting to see how the evidence holds up.
Well. he might /should choose discretion over valor. By the time he gets a lawyer lined up and retained, he'll be out a few more bucks than it would cost to simnply pay the fine and take a lesson.

Then there are track logs that some GPSR use including my 2610. Every few seconds it records your speed and location.
Howzzat again? True? I have a 2610 and this is something I never knew about....!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Checked out the tv link, he looks nice enough and it was on a Sunday so I doubt the were working in the construction zone- what's the big deal?

Is that a CBR1000?

Checked out the tv link, he looks nice enough and it was on a Sunday so I doubt the were working in the construction zone- what's the big deal? Is that a CBR1000?
Don't forget that CZ speeds and fines aren't just because workers might be present, but also because roadways are modified - things like big metal plates on the road exist, lanes are narrowed, etc. That said, it's not uncommon up here for ODOT to do work on the weekends, because there is less traffic and it's safer for the workers.

What if an officer saw a GPS display showing a top speed of 140 mph? In other words, what if it was showing on the display screen when the officer walked up to the cyclist after a vehicle stop?
Your displayed speed could be an issue, as I wrote about in the above post. Because the unit is on and the speed is visible to anyone, you have no "expectation of privacy," which means if something is in "plain view" it is basically fair game...Up to a point.

Checked out the tv link, he looks nice enough and it was on a Sunday so I doubt the were working in the construction zone- what's the big deal? Is that a CBR1000?

NO... Its a 08 CBR600RR, kinda like my new 07. Good, now I don't have to see how fast it goes. Thanks Darwin.

Then there are track logs that some GPSR use including my 2610. Every few seconds it records your speed and location.
Howzzat again? True? I have a 2610 and this is something I never knew about....!!
Menu, Options, find the Track Log tab, turn it on. Default is off. You can upload the track into Mapsource.

As to actually getting point data, haven't tried to do that.