Extreme!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugly but not surprising. It's like watching the squids do 100mph wheelies while wearing shorts and tennis shoes. Seems like quite a waste to me.

Sometimes, it's the price for risk-taking.

5star.gif
ThumbsUp.gif
ThumbsDwn.gif
The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing, and becomes nothing. He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn and feel and change and grow and love and live.
as2.gif
Leo F. Buscaglia quotes

Nice quotes Eeksnake - But what Leo's first quote doesn't get to, is this intriguing little paradox: what about the person who risks 'too much' and doesn't come home - at that point, he or she simply cannot learn and feel and change and grow and love and live - so they are no better than the person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing and becomes nothing.

I think the secret lies somewhere between the extremes.

As a former professional alpiniste, I think that adventure offers so much to us humans, but there is a grand and noble equation (in my humble opinion) that connects risk taking and wisdom. Those who ignore the latter variable do so at their peril.

.... like the dude in the clip.

Shame. Looks like he had another 50 years of adventure filled life left in him. It always makes me sad when I see folk who think that they are immune to the equation.

Last edited by a moderator: