Fall PNW Tech Meet #13 - October 11th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Y'all have fun without me. That happens to be opening day for deer season and I'll be busy doing my part to keep the roads safer for all FJR riders by eliminating at least one suicidal forest rat!
smile.png
Hell take out three or more. I am sure nobody around here is going to complain!
smile.png

Yeah, luckily for me, Auburn is only about 15 minutes away. Carnation and Cle Elum are tempting, but it'd be a mighty early morning!

Not sure there are any other Canucks on the attendees list, going to try to attend in order to make this an international event.

Just how bad is the driveway? Do I need knobbies?

-Steve

Not sure there are any other Canucks on the attendees list, going to try to attend in order to make this an international event.Just how bad is the driveway? Do I need knobbies?

-Steve
Tire choice will depend whether you choose to stay on the pavement or not.

Not sure there are any other Canucks on the attendees list, going to try to attend in order to make this an international event.Just how bad is the driveway? Do I need knobbies?

-Steve
Tire choice will depend whether you choose to stay on the pavement or not.
That's why I always park on top of the HILL and walk down, it's a lot safer that way
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:

-Steve
Auburn FJR's driveway is short and steep but it made out concrete and is in excellent shape. There is even a good run out at the bottom were several peeps park. Truly it is no problem.

-Steve
Make the run down, you won't be disappointed. Leave the knobbies at home...you'll want all the traction you can get for the climb out...
tonguesmiley.gif

--G

OK! I got a kitchen pass. Count one from North Idaho. Please pm me GPS coordinates. I will throw in my hand to hep anyone and I will not be working on my bike. See you fellers this weekend!

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="SQUEAL" data-cid="1183037" data-time="1412695824"><p>

OK! I got a kitchen pass. Count one from North Idaho. Please pm me GPS coordinates. I will throw in my hand to hep anyone and I will not be working on my bike. See you fellers this weekend!</p></blockquote>

The Mrs and I will be putting Tyler up at our place the night before, so I'll bring him over to meetup with the Carnation crew before heading down.

Time for the Fall gathering, bench racing and tech day. Saturday October 11th at my house again. (If you haven't been here, PM me and I'll send you the address) Starting at 9 AM going until 5 PM. (Cost is $10 includes lunch and helps with shop consumables) PLEASE Respond to the thread if you are coming so we can get a head count for lunch.
Try to keep in mind if you are doing something that takes a lot of time, that it may not be the best place to do it. Some have tried to do a cruise control install for the first time and have not been able to finish.

Maintenance suggested so far are:

Grounding system

Tire changes (Derek Weaver tire machine) for those who need to (please take your used tires with you or leave $5 per tire so I can take them to the recycler)

TBS

PAIR system block off

Various electrical and electronic additions

Brake system flush - please RSVP this

Fork rebuilds

Bring pictures and DVD for bench racing in the movie room

If you are traveling some distance and need a place to stay, there are a couple of motels in Auburn about 5 miles away (La Quinta Inn and a Pepper Tree Best Western).

Lunch - snacks, pizza, salad, and soda. Bring your own beverages for stronger stuff.

There will be a swap meet also. Bring your stuff you want to trade or sell.

Attendees: (Please RSVP that you are coming for a head count on the food)

AuburnFJR & Mrs.

Niehart

Beamer Reamer & Mrs.

escapefjrtist

Hudson

Panman

Ahchiu

JamesW

MCRIDER007

Ignacio

Seattle Ty

henwil