Few Gen III observations, comments, and questions

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info on the ABS-like shudder in the front brake lever as the bike is coming to a halt. I had checked through the owner's manual and mis-read something there about a test mode that requires a mechanic special tool to enable, which made me suspect it had been enabled in my bike for some reason.

This entire thread can be summed up with the following observation from moi:

I liked my 2004 Gen I FJR, I liked my 2008 Gen II better, and I like my 2013 Gen III the bestest. That is all.

bike.gif

@Fred, yes the clutch lever only needs to be pulled ever so slightly to disengage the cc and it will not affect the clutch engagement at all. It just takes a little practice to get it right!

@Fred, yes the clutch lever only needs to be pulled ever so slightly to disengage the cc and it will not affect the clutch engagement at all. It just takes a little practice to get it right!
I kill the cruise the same way. It took a little practice to get the "throttle to speed" right so there was no sudden deceleration but not too much.

Thanks, guys. Yeah, I went and played with my clutch (with the bike not running you can hear the micro-switch action) and it seems to click way before the slip zone of the clutch. Think I'll start using that instead of the throttle.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've done the clutch thing to disengage the cruise since the day I got the bike and figured out hey, that worked!

I don't bother with attempting to rev match though. I just pull the clutch in quickly, and release it slowly. Works for me. The only time it's ever abrupt is if the cruise is on the throttle going up a steep hill. The rest of the time, smooth as buttah.