Final Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonBB

Reaction score
FinalRide.jpg

Saw this advertisement in the Kansas City Star Newspaper this morning. I have definite thoughts for myself on this but knowing that we have many avid riders with much experience on the forum wondered what everyone else thought about this? Any comments or thoughts? As usual I am not affiliated with the company & hope to not be for many years, decades. Ron

I'm gonna step out on a limb and say...

LAME!!!!!

I ride because it makes me feel alive! Something tells me this ain't going to evoke that feeling...

YMMV

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it is way cool. If I were the kinda person to want any more than a minimum spent on seeing me off, I'd ask for this. It's unusual and different.

Jill

Rather than having my friends and family spending their money on something silly like a funeral, my wishes are for them to go out and buy a good bottle of hootch and do me the favor of lifting a glass w/ me one last time. After that I want to be cremated and gotten rid of. No point wasting perfectly good real estate to stockpile dead bodies...

Pfffft. Not needed. If everything goes according to plan, my last ride will be at the ripe-ole-age of 103. I will be fleeing a jealous husband who just got the DNA results on the newborn child he thought was his.

Whatever remains of me that can be found will fit in a thimble.

FinalRide.jpg
Saw this advertisement in the Kansas City Star Newspaper this morning. I have definite thoughts for myself on this but knowing that we have many avid riders with much experience on the forum wondered what everyone else thought about this? Any comments or thoughts? As usual I am not affiliated with the company & hope to not be for many years, decades. Ron

If they haul me away on a Harley ,, I'll come back to haunt them........ :angry2:

does it have loud pipes - those buggers would waken the dead!
We put that theory to the test, while visiting our daughter at work. She is a funeral director. Andy was riding his RoadStar Warrior, with after-market pipes. As we sat in the parking lot, none of the cemetery occupants got up from their repose to greet us. Therefore we concluded that loud pipes did not awaken the dead.

Jill

I want a viking funeral. Put me in a row boat chocked with wood, set the sob afire and shove it away from shore. Then lift a glass of the good stuff to remember the good times.

I'm gonna step out on a limb and say...
LAME!!!!!

I ride because it makes me feel alive! Something tells me this ain't going to evoke that feeling...

YMMV
given that my wife and father cant stand my bike, i think getting hauled to the grave behind a harley would be rubbing it in their faces. And by the way, If I were heartless enough to do that it would be and FJR :)

So Gunny!

I want a viking funeral. Put me in a row boat chocked with wood, set the sob afire and shove it away from shore. Then lift a glass of the good stuff to remember the good times.

I like that idea. Which sort of reminds me: being a veteran of the USN, I think I'm entitled to a free burial at sea. We did a few of those from the ship I was on. That's a pretty darn good way to go. No sniveling relatives at the interment. Just a couple of squidly strangers to say a couple of prophetic words and then slide you into the briney deep. Perfect recycling too. Those fish that feed on the body will get eaten by something (or someone).

We put that theory to the test, while visiting our daughter at work. She is a funeral director. Andy was riding his RoadStar Warrior, with after-market pipes. As we sat in the parking lot, none of the cemetery occupants got up from their repose to greet us. Therefore we concluded that loud pipes did not awaken the dead.

Jill

Thanks Jill - another one for Mythbusters :D

That's the only way you'll find me ridding a Hardly.... Dead.

I'll pass

I've given a lot of thought to what I wanted my final ride to be like. Three words. "Blaze-Of-Glory".

That ain't it.

Jill
B-b-b-b-but do they save lives? How many lives did Andy save that day?

Just a couple of squidly strangers to say a couple of prophetic words and then slide you into the briney deep. Perfect recycling too. Those fish that feed on the body will get eaten by something (or someone).
I like this. Seems like a true "Life Cycle".

Sign me up.

I don't agree with the bucket of bones box behind the HD trike for a final ride. I would like to be riding though and have the good Lord take me up while the rapture is taking place. The good book says it will happen in the twinkling of an eye. So there I am going through my favorite set of twisties and poof, riderless bike goes squirming off the road in a mangled heap.....and .....coooool. I'm outa here. PM. <>< :yahoo: