finally got one

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k lim

Reaction score
after over 20 years of riding various motorcycles, I finally got one

it's joining a diverse (but all Japanese) stable:

'17 Suzuki SV650
'18 Honda Africa Twin Adv. Sport
+'14 Yamaha FJR1300

(now all I need is a Kawasaki =D)

The main reason I got the FJR is to 'commute' (2x week) ~ 200 miles between the mountains and the city.. I thought the Honda AT was going to do the trick, but after test-riding the FJR at highway speeds, I knew I had to have it =) the FJR is so much more comfortable in that setting

The previous owner lowered it evenly (both the forks and w/ an adj. turn-buckle for the dog-bone); I'm trying to figure out how to raise it back up

k

Attachments

• FJR.jpg
    FJR.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 0
Welcome aboard. You can see that I'm partial to the 2014 myself. Sorry I don't have an answer for you regarding the dog bone but there's lots of intelligent people on this forum. Do some research with the search function and if you can't get an answer there pose that question as its own thread.

Welcome to the best bang for your buck my friend. My 16 was the first street bike ever owned or riding and I can't ever see a reason for riding anything else. Wen I rode dirt bikes since a kid, I was ALWAYS team Yamaha. But the only thing I wish they would upgrade is to a digital display like the BMW1600. That would really have me sold for life. I can't help you either on the lift, but I am 6'4" and I fit perfectly on the stock height, well with the seat all the way up as well.....lol. Stay safe

Attachments

• 20230712_144856.jpg
    20230712_144856.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
Get a set of stock dogbones although you adjustable links might be able to be set to stock length. I believe shorter dogbones results in a taller bike due to the geometry. Easy to loosen three pinch clamps and slip the forks to the appropriate height in the triple clamp. USE A TORQUE WRENCH to tighten. Too loose is bad but you can easily cause damage by over-tightening.