First Jap bike in 25 years. Gen1

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi .Dave here..Bought a 2004 W/18000 miles about 6 weeks ago. Just something cheap to ride while I rebuild my Harley motor. So all the typical gen 1 inherent issues are present and I've got to say. And I knew this going in. FJR it's just a great bike. I re sprung the Front suspension, put a seat on there and swapped out the windshield I'm good to go. Harley will always be my go-to number one scooter but the FJR is a lot of fun.

Attachments

• IMG_20230723_104720098_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230723_104720098_HDR.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20230723_104734487_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230723_104734487_HDR.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
Nice find on a '04 ABS bike. Several of those have done over 200k miles. I came close before I sold my '04 at 163k. One of my HD friends was really excited when his Dyna's new stroker motor went over 100Hp after a fresh build. Until I told him 20 more Hp and he'd be at what my FJR was stock, at the wheel. :D

Hi .Dave here..Bought a 2004 W/18000 miles about 6 weeks ago. Just something cheap to ride while I rebuild my Harley motor. So all the typical gen 1 inherent issues are present and I've got to say. And I knew this going in. FJR it's just a great bike. I re sprung the Front suspension, put a seat on there and swapped out the windshield I'm good to go. Harley will always be my go-to number one scooter but the FJR is a lot of fun.
Sweet, what seat is that, it looks super nice.?

Gotta love em all. I also have a Harley in the stable. sold both the street glide and road glide. went about a year and just had to have another roadglide. My 2020 FJR is my JOY. she is smooth and sexy. and when you get her excited she wants to fly. I have had just about every type of bike. even a BMW K1600 Nice bike but I would still hands down take The FJR welcome to a whole new experience. enjoy and ride safe.

Gotta love em all. I also have a Harley in the stable. sold both the street glide and road glide. went about a year and just had to have another roadglide. My 2020 FJR is my JOY. she is smooth and sexy. and when you get her excited she wants to fly. I have had just about every type of bike. even a BMW K1600 Nice bike but I would still hands down take The FJR welcome to a whole new experience. enjoy and ride safe.
👍