Fleece Lined Cover?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atcairn

Reaction score
Hi all, new FJR owner. I'm in the hunt for a fleece lined cover or the equivalent.. I've searched using Google - most owners have either Nelson Riggs, Dowco, factory Yamaha, or Walmart full covers.

Bike will live under the cover outside my condo, was hoping to find a lined cover to protect the black paint from fine scratches. I have a Dowco Guardian on my Guzzi, but don't worry as there is little plastic to scratch.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jay

Welcome Jay,have a look here,not cheap but very good i believe.
smile.png

https://www.thebikebarn.net/index.html

While I would love to erect a mini garage for the FJR, I need to park the bike perpendicular to the nose of my car, sharing a space.

Not many covers with a soft interior. I suspect moisture would build up and cause some minor corrosion. My plan B may be to buy a decent half cover, and use that under a full cover. This would prevent chafing from the outer cover during windy days.

For the Dowco Guardian, which fits best, an XL or L? Their website says L, but I want coverage to the ground. Any help is appreciated.

Jay

You can make a homemade fleece cover from 1-2 thin cheap fleece blankets. Sew them together to make the soft cover and over of this fleece cover you can put a motorcycle cover.Also you could to embed the fleece cover inside the motorcycle cover with some glue or sewing.If the blanket is large you can use only one with some glue inside..

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy a flannel/fleece bed blanket, cover bike with the blanket, now cover the blanket with a weather proof cover. Put mothballs in a deep aluminum pan and slide under the center of the bike to keep varmints and stingie thingies at bay. Be aware of the 'sail area' of the covered bike so it won't blow over. Your welcome, from a near neighbor
smile.png

Edited to add: An over size windshield and an aftermarket trunk will probably affect the size of the cover you need. When you have your FJR all sorted out with the windshield & trunk, if any, take a tape measure and get the length, front height, seat height, tail height, handlebar width, tail width and then write to Dowco (or any other company) and give them these measurements and ask them for their recommendation. If you plan to store on the center stand, measure with the bike on the center stand
wink.png

Last edited by a moderator: