Florida Ride To Meet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmmm......... I might be convinced to lower my standards to hang out with you Florida retards. Depends on my work schedule. Unfortunately, while there will be a Yamaha Demo Truck at Biketoberfest I won't be with it. I'll be with another Yamaha Demo Truck at the AIMExpo in Orlando. Will be there October 14-20. Work during the day, but hopefully can hook up with you mooks some evening.
I'll even discount my appearance fee for you dorks.
smile.png
Hey Skoot,

It would be good to see ya. However, I've got some bad news for ya. Me'n Howie decided that yer not allowed on Florida soil without payin' yer dues. That would involve two minor items. First I got a bone to pick with you. When I came out to MAYBE get a chance to visit you out west this summer, all I got was some lame excuse about yer having to work in some distant state at the time. And now you want to come parading back on OUR Florida soil as if nothing ever happened? I don't think so. So here's the deal: you wanna come to Florida and hang out with the boys, there's a price to pay. And here it is: Howie ain't washed that bike of his in years. It needs a bath, and I'm thinking that yer just the feller to gitterdone. That's IF you can find him. He still hasn't shown up on THIS thread.

Life just ain't fair.

Gary

darksider #44

No problemo. After Howie buys me about six beers, I'll be happy to purge said beers on his FJR. No doubt that would make an improvement.

Timing is everything my friend. I'm home now. Where are you?
bye.gif

Hmmmmm......... I might be convinced to lower my standards to hang out with you Florida retards. Depends on my work schedule. Unfortunately, while there will be a Yamaha Demo Truck at Biketoberfest I won't be with it. I'll be with another Yamaha Demo Truck at the AIMExpo in Orlando. Will be there October 14-20. Work during the day, but hopefully can hook up with you mooks some evening.
I'll even discount my appearance fee for you dorks.
smile.png
Hey Skoot,

It would be good to see ya. However, I've got some bad news for ya. Me'n Howie decided that yer not allowed on Florida soil without payin' yer dues. That would involve two minor items. First I got a bone to pick with you. When I came out to MAYBE get a chance to visit you out west this summer, all I got was some lame excuse about yer having to work in some distant state at the time. And now you want to come parading back on OUR Florida soil as if nothing ever happened? I don't think so. So here's the deal: you wanna come to Florida and hang out with the boys, there's a price to pay. And here it is: Howie ain't washed that bike of his in years. It needs a bath, and I'm thinking that yer just the feller to gitterdone. That's IF you can find him. He still hasn't shown up on THIS thread.

Life just ain't fair.

Gary

darksider #44
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
That's funny Gary! I think there might be a small detour to Orlando that weekend. I'll buy Scooter a beer. I'll give Howie a Holla so he can chime in.
yes.gif

Gary,

Thanks for pointing me to this thread. Just don't spend enough time in this sub-forum. MY loss!

I'm subscribing to see who, what, when, where, why and how.

And Skoot, my bike STILL hasn't been washed...last time, November '09! Looks like shit, but runs like a scalded dog.

Vic, hope to see you again soon, and meeting all the other mooks subscribed to this.

'Howie

Some great ideas coming through for a meet up and ride. Need to ask if this is FJR exclusive as I have a buddy who would come along, the only drawback being he's a HD rider.

YummYam, Can't speak for everyone but, I vote bring him along. I have a Bro in law that rides a Harley Fat Boy. Good guy and we have a good time but, it's a bitch trying to keep up with him. I have to throttle it back so we can stay together. My bike spits and sputters and gets a bad attitude. It's saying to me: Are you Fucking kidding Me?! :))

Some great ideas coming through for a meet up and ride. Need to ask if this is FJR exclusive as I have a buddy who would come along, the only drawback being he's a HD rider.
Well it is only my opinion, but I think that should be fine. It is not so much a gathering of bikes as it is a gathering of riders.

There are a few riders that I have been in contact with that have not posted up. Out of curiosity I am wondering (Starting with the Oct. 17th ride) Who is planning on riding?

The are several opportunities with the Orlando show, Daytona ... What is your plans?

Post up!

I'll show up in Daytona on the 17th. It'll be fun. But, somewhere along the way, I must ride over to Orlando to see ScooterG. I want to see him in the flesh so I can cleanse the picture of him out of my memory of him in that Scottish Kilt. That was disturbing on sooo many levels. I don't want to take that visual to my grave!! Just Sayin' :)

Vic,

Your logic is excellent...but massively flawed. Meeting SkooterG in person is in no way going to cleanse your mind of previous assumptions.

Rather, you will develop even more assumptions and will be afraid to sleep for the rest of your life.

:D :D :D

I am planning on doing both also. There may very well be a rider (Friend ) coming from the Florida SW coast that I might hook up with in route to the central Florida area. Both of us want

to do Orlando also. We are planning to trash Skooters exhibit and show up in Daytona for an alibi. I think a lunch rendezvous for the Tampa group to meet up with the central Florida riders

before the Daytona invasion would be the ticket.

I agree 101, that sounds like a plan. For the fun of it I just might go ahead and be waiting for Gary and his crew by the I4 and SR46 exit as they pass by. That'll be fun for me.

Howie! Why the Hell did you tell me that?! Now, I'm scared!!! :))

Yum,

Since nobody else is man enough to answer this question, guess I'll field it. I have a BIG problem with you inviting a friend along.

1st: you ain't allowed to have no friends unless they're on this forum

2nd: If he is indeed riding a Harley, he's gonna feel all alone. Why you ask? 'Cause everybody knows there ain't no Harley's in Daytona in October.

3rd: How's he gonna ride with you if he can't keep up with you? You ain't thinkin' dude...

However, so I don't come off soundin' like a hard nose, I'll make this one concession, just this one time. You can bring him along if he promises to help wash Howie's Yammie. Skooter will be too busy hosin' it down to do any scrubbing on the bike. He's gonna need some help. Tell yer friend to bring some brillo pads. Getting that thing clean won't be easy.

And while I'm at it, we're gonna need a couple of you big dudes to deal with Howie. And I don't mean the lean and lanky SkooterG types, we need somebody with some real pork cause Howie's a pretty big boy. There is NO WAY he's gonna sit back and let anybody wash his baby w/o a fight. He's grown accustomed to the patina and the bike looks SO old that it make HIM look good.
smile.png

Gary

darksider #44

Well 101, your Cedar Key trip sounds damn good, do you have any dates in mind yet?

Gary I'll speak with my HD buddy and let him know what a warm welcome awaits him at your pal Mark's place LOL, but I'm pretty sure we'll both be there. I'll just have to make the trip in 2nd gear and wait at the turns!! As for the porkyness,well, I can only speak for myself!

Of course I will confirm later if you need numbers.

Sounds great and thanks both.

Here's the plan:

Saturday 10/17/13

We're heading up to Daytona for BIketoberfest We can do a 5:45am rondezvous (we leave at 6am) at Mark's place in Tampa and/or 8 am at the IHOP near the intersection of Route 50 and I-4 In Orlando (because that's where we always stop for breakfast). We'll need to plan a mid afternoon lunch in Daytona. Any ideas? Be nice to meet somewhere where you can hear what other people are saying. Some of those places get pretty loud.

Saturday 11/23/13

Here's the plan: Mark and I would like to put together some dogs on the grill along with a crock pot of mom's best baked beans with enough sodas for everybody, from about 12-2:30 on Saturday November 23. You could bring along some chips or tater salad or whatever, if ya want something else. Hope this isn't an issue but we don't condone boozin' and bikin' so no alcohol will be served at Mark's place. Hope that's not an problem for anyone.

If yer up for a ride, we can leave at 2:30, head up to Cycle Gear and snoop around for something we probably don't need (but gotta have) and then take a 3 hour ride up through the curves to Cedar Key where we can have some more fun... perhaps something light or dinner or ??

My name is Gary A. House and I have approved this message.

smile.png
is this schedule still the plan?? I live in Ocala & would be interested in the 8 am breakfast meet up in Orlando -- then to Daytona

As well as the ride in tampa with a ride to Cedar Key.

Mike

It is the plan. I was hoping some riders would post up so we could nail things down a little more definitive . I would like to hit both the Orlando show and Daytona for biketoberfest. I think a lunch meet up would be cool between the Tampa riders and the central FL riders.

For the Tampa meet up; those plans appear solid with the possibility of an overnight stay in Cedar Key as an option. If we get some response, plans can take some form.

Tony