Florida Ride To Meet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vic,That's the plan... Wreck Skooters day, then move on to celebrate his demise.(In Daytona)
Maybe leave a Booger under his seat for good measure...
smile.png

Bout a month away from our Biketober best meet up. Check out this link for all the events going on that day...

CLICKY

Also took the time to watch mother make up a crock pot full of her amazing baked beans. She chopped, fried, poured and tasted, without a recipe, of course, and though I'm not sure of the exact recipe I am sure they were indeed, AMAZING. I'll be bringing a pot to our November meet up in Tampa. One bite and you'll know the ride was worth it...

Gary

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the plan:

Saturday 10/17/13 Oops: Saturday 10/19/13

We're heading up to Daytona for BIketoberfest We can do a 5:45am rondezvous (we leave at 6am) at Mark's place in Tampa and/or 8 am at the IHOP near the intersection of Route 50 and I-4 In Orlando (because that's where we always stop for breakfast). We'll need to plan a mid afternoon lunch in Daytona. Any ideas? Be nice to meet somewhere where you can hear what other people are saying. Some of those places get pretty loud.

Saturday 11/23/13

Here's the plan: Mark and I would like to put together some dogs on the grill along with a crock pot of mom's best baked beans with enough sodas for everybody, from about 12-2:30 on Saturday November 23. You could bring along some chips or tater salad or whatever, if ya want something else. Hope this isn't an issue but we don't condone boozin' and bikin' so no alcohol will be served at Mark's place. Hope that's not an problem for anyone.

If yer up for a ride, we can leave at 2:30, head up to Cycle Gear and snoop around for something we probably don't need (but gotta have) and then take a 3 hour ride up through the curves to Cedar Key where we can have some more fun... perhaps something light or dinner or ??

My name is Gary A. House and I have approved this message.

smile.png

Here's the plan:

Saturday 10/17/13 Oops: Saturday 10/19/13

We're heading up to Daytona for BIketoberfest We can do a 5:45am rondezvous (we leave at 6am) at Mark's place in Tampa and/or 8 am at the IHOP near the intersection of Route 50 and I-4 In Orlando (because that's where we always stop for breakfast). We'll need to plan a mid afternoon lunch in Daytona. Any ideas? Be nice to meet somewhere where you can hear what other people are saying. Some of those places get pretty loud.

Saturday 11/23/13

Here's the plan: Mark and I would like to put together some dogs on the grill along with a crock pot of mom's best baked beans with enough sodas for everybody, from about 12-2:30 on Saturday November 23. You could bring along some chips or tater salad or whatever, if ya want something else. Hope this isn't an issue but we don't condone boozin' and bikin' so no alcohol will be served at Mark's place. Hope that's not an problem for anyone.

If yer up for a ride, we can leave at 2:30, head up to Cycle Gear and snoop around for something we probably don't need (but gotta have) and then take a 3 hour ride up through the curves to Cedar Key where we can have some more fun... perhaps something light or dinner or ??

My name is Gary A. House and I have approved this message.

smile.png
How long will you guys be in Orlando? I am definitely going to the AIMExpo but not sure what time yet?

I'm just planning to be in Orlando for one hour on one day... Saturday. We'll be meeting up at the iHop at 8:00am, then heading for Daytona right after that. Not sure what anyone else has planned.

IHOP Restaurant‎

647 East Colonial Drive
Orlando, FL 32803
(407) 896-8313

I make this ride every year on a Saturday ONLY. That's why I leave Tampa so early. Can't speak for everybody else.

Gary

Damn, I haven't been keeping up!

So - what's the plan. Scooter is in Orlando during Biketoberfest, so we're going there to put boogers on his seat, then head to Daytona?

Then meet Gary in Orlando a month later.

I'm confused. Do I have to wash all them friggin' bugs off my bike? That poor old black bike, it ain't moved since I got back from my extended ITU trip a couple of weeks ago, but it sure looks purty sitting there in the shop.

Jim,

Get that bike warmed up! We will ride to Orlando to meet up with the west coast riders. Have breakfast then crash Skooter's exhibit, when he is fired we will move on to Daytona for track time.

Do you know a good place to meet for lunch for a meet up for those that want to skip Orlando?

We can discuss the Tampa plans while at biketoberfest.

Do you know a good place to meet for lunch for a meet up for those that want to skip Orlando?
Do you mean in the Daytona area? If we're going to the racetrack then the Winghouse comes to mind (think Hooters), altho that place gets crowded during the events. There's a new place I haven't been to called Buffalo Wild Wings and is a little bit farther down by Home Depot that may be good too. Both of these are between where you get off I-95 on Speedway Blvd and the track on the right side of the road.

Winghouse: https://tinyurl.com/Winghouse www.Winghouse.com

Buffalo Wild Wings: https://tinyurl.com/m3acskp www.Buffalowildwings.com

With the Winghouse, it's immediately off the freeway, so if you miss the entrance, it's difficult to get back to it.

BWW is off Speedway just a little bit, but would be easier to get to. It's actually on Thames, but the address is Speedway Blvd; if you miss it, then turn into Home Depot and go back to it in the parking lot.

These are both before the track, so seems good to me. What do you all think?

Meetup in Daytona for lunch:

You'll recall that in my original post about this, I suggested that we meet someplace where we could hear each other speak. It's hard to get to know people in a crowded, noisy atmosphere. Winghouse and Buffalo Wild Wings are two of the most popular (and crowded) places in town during Biketoberfest. Any other time of the year, but THAT Saturday afternoon...

May I suggest Taco Bell at 1408 Beville Rd, Daytona Beach, FL ‎(386) 258-7080 ‎?

It's a couple miles off the beaten path, which is a good thing on that weekend.

How does 1:00 sound? That's just after the locals finish their lunch breaks.

To get there from the track, head east about 1 1/4 miles to: South (right) on Clyde Morris Blvd for 2 miles to Beville Rd. It's on the right just before Beville. Just a little out of the way and much less crowded.

It's marked, "letter A" on this google map: CLICKY

Gary

darksider #44

I'll be leaving the 19th for a week in the Smokies, so won't be able to make the DB run. However, I am interested about the run in November, so will keep an eye on this thread. If there aren't photos/videos of RadioHowie getting his bike washed...it didn't happen.

I didn't think noise would be an issue in either WH or BWW - it's not like we're in a nightclub and waiting for the band to break - getting a table big enough, maybe. I was just thinking of places that had a varied menu w/something for everybody. But, there may be some of them scary Harley dudes in there; maybe a bunch of them!

I didn't consider Taco Bell or other fast food restaurants when asked, but hey, if that's what everyone wants, that's OK with me. A fast food place (like TB) would be easy paying for sure; you just pay for what you want first, and it's done. No waitress/splitting bill to worry about.

Gary's TB location is easy to find - straight off I-4 - and two ways to get to the track from there. Either though Embry-Riddle over to Richard Petty blvd and the side entrance, or get back on Beville to Clyde Morris and go in that way.

There is also a Burger King near the speedway: https://tinyurl.com/ma75r5c

and a McD's: https://tinyurl.com/luaehj9

Here is a google maps search of all restaurants near the speedway: https://tinyurl.com/lbjzf6u

Many choices there.

FL...

Don't cha know? Dey ain't got no hot sauce in doze udder places !!! I need my TB fix. It helps me stay ornery soze I fit in around here.

Gary

darksider #44

FL...Don't cha know? Dey ain't got no hot sauce in doze udder places !!! I need my TB fix. It helps me stay ornery soze I fit in around here.
LOL, it's all good! I'm adaptable, so if everyone is good with it, so am I.

I should be good for Oct 19th. Will plan on being at the IHOP in Orlando at 8am. Looking forward to it. Jim, let me know if you guys are coming in from the east and I will hook up with you along the way.

I'll be there at TB, but will be there just for the company. There are way better places to eat. Famous Phillie's down at the end of Nova Road and US1 Port Orange. Good food and not too loud. A great fish Sandwich is at the intersection of US1 and state route 100 Bunnell. Bantam Chef near the old courthouse. Not too far from the track.

Just saying more places available.

Group's choice.

Might make it over Orlando way for breakfast, never know.

Later.