Florida Ride To Meet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great photos and a fine Ride Report, I really love those 350/400 Honda fours!
You're not the only one. Every time Kathleen and I go anywhere, people appear like gnats, wanting to take pictures and ask her about the Honda. At a stop light, windows roll down, people hang out to ask what year it is, or "Is that a 350?" Many times when Kathleen goes to Starbucks to study for college, she hides her helmet so as not to be approached by everybody coming in the door looking for the owner of that Honda. At Daytona Bike Week, as soon as we pull up, they crowd around. Funny, with all the incredible bikes there, it seems everybody wants ta see Kathy and her Honda. She smiles, and poses for photo after photo, then quietly asks, "Dad, can we go now?" She never was one for attention. Then she got the Honda. Oh well.

Kathleen has big dreams for that bike. She 's had opportunities to sell it, but "No way" according to her. She wants to REALLY ifx it up when she starts making some money as a teacher. That'll be next year. Rebuilt, rechromed, it's gonna be amazing, she says. That's where dear old dad comes in. My workshop is ready, but her wallet isn't. But I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Gary

Last edited by a moderator:
Time to sign in. Who's comin? Need ta know how many we're cooking for. Two weeks to go, gentlemen. We agreed in Orlando three weeks ago that we were going to bump up our meeting time to 11:00am on Sat. 11/23/13. Make a note of it. It is gettin' close.

Gary

darksider #44

Tony

101stpathfinder

PS> EDIT: I've sent out PM's (this morning 11/10/13) to all the fellas who've expressed and interest anywhere on these past 9 pages. However, there's a lot of FLA boys out there that haven't been contacted. Know any forum members that would like to come? Maybe you could contact em for us? Just make sure I know they're coming. Gotta be sure there's enough food.

NOTE: 9702 Rushwood Court Tampa, Fl. 33615 (Near Sheldon and Waters)

I'm In.
good.gif
guitar.gif

Dammittohell....just checked my schedule, and I'm working again.....
angry01.gif
angry01.gif
angry01.gif
angry01.gif
angry01.gif
.....have a dog for me!!

(I'm really not trying to be unsociable...but getting people worth-a-crap to work weekends is getting to be a REAL PITA. Everyone wants $35 an hour for part-time work...and then they want every weekend off. FUKEM!!)

Hey Bust:

Why don't ya hop on the bike, leave the cold wind and rakin' leaves behind, and come on down and DO IT YERSELF? We can put a couple extra dogs on fer ya.

Howie:

I had high hopes you could make this one. Oh well. Part of the reason we're doing this is that we're trying to get the ball rollin' for a regular meet up of some sort. If all goes well, there'll be other times. Do they have you workin' Sundays too?

Gary

Thank the lord Sunday IS my day of rest!
biggrin.png

p.s.: Bust, didn't know you knew Virgil was my bro!

Time to sign in. Who's comin? Need ta know how many we're cooking for. Two weeks to go, gentlemen. We agreed in Orlando three weeks ago that we were going to bump up our meeting time to 11:00am on Sat. 11/23/13. Make a note of it. It is gettin' close.
Gary

darksider #44

Tony

101stpathfinder
Even though I'm of the "lone wolf" types, it would be interesting to meet some of the asylum members here. So count me (Rob) in. Are there still plans to do an overnighter in Cedar Key?

I'm kind of a lone wolf too, LKLD. But, these meets are kinda fun. There's something therapeutic about a small pack of FJR's that kinda know each other. :)
I decided this year that I had some of that wolf blood in me too as I took that 6000 mile trip across the country by myself. But I don't mind hanging with "the pack" once in a while. Gives us all a chance to sniff each other. (Did I just say that?)

But this time we won't be stuffed into a noisy restaurant where we can't hear each other, or standing in a parking lot tryin' to talk while we need to leave ASAP for events we all had planned. Looking forward to a relaxed atmosphere and actually having the time to get to know everybody.

Gary

darksider #44

Gary

darksider #44

Tony

101stpathfinder

PS> EDIT: I've sent out PM's (this morning 11/10/13) to all the fellas who've expressed and interest anywhere on these past 9 pages. However, there's a lot of FLA boys out there that haven't been contacted. Know any forum members that would like to come? Maybe you could contact em for us? Just make sure I know they're coming. Gotta be sure there's enough food.

Thanks. It would be a long, though pleasurable, ride from LA.

Here's the plan:

Saturday 11/23/13

Here's the plan: Mark and I would like to put together some dogs on the grill along with a crock pot of mom's best baked beans with enough sodas for everybody, from about 12-2:30 on Saturday November 23. You could bring along some chips or tater salad or whatever, if ya want something else. Hope this isn't an issue but we don't condone boozin' and bikin' so no alcohol will be served at Mark's place. Hope that's not an problem for anyone.

If yer up for a ride, we can leave at 2:30, head up to Cycle Gear and snoop around for something we probably don't need (but gotta have) and then take a 3 hour ride up through the curves to Cedar Key where we can have some more fun... perhaps something light or dinner or ??

My name is Gary A. House and I have approved this message.

:)
I guess I was thinking of this post when referring to the Cedar Key overnighter. Adding up the 2:30 leave time, with the Cycle Gear and 3hr ride to Cedar Key would have us arriving up there at dark this time of year. Either way is fine with me, just let me know what everyone prefers to do.

Looking forward to the day. That's me and my Harley riding buddy. ( Lord forgive him, he knows not what he does ).

Gary

darksider #44

Tony

101stpathfinder

Thanks. It would be a long, though pleasurable, ride from LA.
Dave

LA as in Los Angeles? You do know about the Bite the Wieeenie this coming Saturday?

12th Annual "Bite the Wieeenie" Ride To Eat - Long Distance Riding/Iron Butt - FJRForum

Tony (101stpathfinder) and I are finalizing plans. Talking about just what we'd like to do after lunch at about 1:00. Will let cha know soon.

Gary

Here's the plan:

Saturday 11/23/13

Here's the plan: Mark and I would like to put together some dogs on the grill along with a crock pot of mom's best baked beans with enough sodas for everybody, from about EDIT: 11:00-1:00 on Saturday November 23. You could bring along some chips or tater salad or whatever, if ya want something else. Hope this isn't an issue but we don't condone boozin' and bikin' so no alcohol will be served at Mark's place. Hope that's not an problem for anyone.

If yer up for a ride, we can leave at Edit: 1:00, head up to Cycle Gear and snoop around for something we probably don't need (but gotta have) and then take a 3 hour ride up through the curves to Cedar Key where we can have some more fun... perhaps something light or dinner or ??

My name is Gary A. House and I have approved this message.

smile.png
I guess I was thinking of this post when referring to the Cedar Key overnighter. Adding up the Edit: 1:00 leave time, with the Cycle Gear and 3hr ride to Cedar Key would have us arriving up there at dark this time of year. EDIT: around 4....Either way is fine with me, just let me know what everyone prefers to do.
Did a little editing, both here and on the original post you were quoting... However, we're still discussing the Cedar Key run.