Fly-N-Ride to Portland, OR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good stuff, Scooty. Thanks for sharing.

I loved the Oregon coast. Good to see ya had a Rogue while you were in Newport. I wanna retire in Newport. I loved that town...

Nice job Scootness. Ya'll suck ya know that. the Pacific coast is on the list as well as the Redwoods and Yosemite.

Won't be next year, maybe the year after?

Just to make you gloat (gloat, NOT goat!), the leaves are changed up here and we've actually had some snow flurries last week. Won't be long before I'll be rereading ride reports. Bastage.

From Leggett, I travelled a road I had never been on - Highway 1 towards Fort Bragg. It is now one of my favorite roads of all time.
I tend to judge all twisty roads by this one.
Yep -- a truly great 22 or so miles of motorcycling nirvana in either direction. Don't think I've ever found a set of twisties with more or longer links of rhythmic turns -- hard, fast rhythmic turns that paste a shit eating grin on your face.

Great report, Skoot . . . BUT you are overdue to do the southern part of 1 if you've only been on it in a cage. You must feel ashamed. Do it midweek in the spring or fall and you'll have another shit eating grin for miles.

BTW, I could get to like that color scheme, especially if you get those bags repainted back to the two color scheme the previous owner once had.

Fantastic Ride Report and Great Photographs SkooterG, Bravo!  Congratulations on a fine FJR, you cannot have enough of the World's Greatest Motorcycle!!!

As much as I love 'Gisele' our new 2012 BMW K1600GT, I still love 'Miss Lucy Liu' our 2003 Yamaha FJR 1300; you just can't beat the power/weight of an FJR!

Very nice Skoot, Skooter!

One day, I hope to be able to have the time/money to ride these rides.

Great pics and a good looking bike. I see ol' boy pointed you out to one of our favorite local seafood joints. Local Ocean is the best in the area. Chowder Bowl at Nye Beach would have been another alternative if you had more time. Congrats on your new-to-you Feejer.

Those who are observant could probably figure out why I made a stop in Modesto. ;)
That is where the New Chicken Ranch is located?

Great Shots of your trip... Yamaha Magazine material.

I took that beautiful trip on a 82' Yamaha 750 Seca...brought back many wonderful memories.

I grew up on Hwy 1 and even I'm jealous :rolleyes: . I remember in High School racing 22 milkes from Pt Reyes to Tomales every morning in my 1961 MGA. 5 hours of (classroom) filler and then reverse and repeat the race home. Ah, the days of $10 retreads and Hwy 1 in the fog :yahoo: . Still live in NorCal but dont get over that way nearly enough. Work and life keeps getting in the way.

Good photos and excellent ride report!

Excellent RR Skooterie-oooooo-Geeeeeee! :yahoo:

Great pix and reading your admission to great Kali roads was sweet. It is fun.... when you're away from the cities.

I like the color scheme on your bike.

Some day you'll get smart and own the best year Feej made, 2005. :D

Thanks for sharing. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: