fork oil leak

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottsbmw

Reaction score
I have 06 and the left fork tube had some oil on it. Does anyone know if the fork seals are covered on the YES extented warranty. The bike sat for 3 weeks and I noticed the shine off the fork when I rode today. 18,500 miles on the bike.

I would think so Scott.. But if not, the weather is turning towards shit, an it's really an inexpensive painless fix....

:jester:

YES didnt cover mine but then again it had 35k on it when the fork started leaking. Had two dealers say YES wouldnt cover it but I have heard of others who had sucess...guess it depends on the mileage and dealer.

Do fix the leak, though because otherwise you may wind up with fork oil dripping onto brake caliper and pads. Once brake pads get oil on them, they're done for. As a wise man once said, "A stitch in time saves nine."

I noticed mine leaking a little this weekend to. The dealer said the seals were about thirty bucks but they wanted 175.00 the change them. How big of a job is it to do yourself?

YES covered mine at 55,000 miles. I paid $42.00 for bushings for my 05.

It helps to have a great Dealer like Roseville Yamaha and a great service writer like Zac

They will be getting more of my business in the future.

I think it's on a case by case basis. Originally, mine wouldn't. Struck a deal with them and told them that if they could get it covered under good will, I would pay to have the other one done.

YES covered the replacement of my leaking left fork tube seal and my non-leaking right one. The dealership owner agreed that if one was leaking the other prolly will soon, so they replaced both.