• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS-Penske 8983 w/remote reservoir '06-'12, Traxxion 1.1 Fork Spring Kit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cutback

Reaction score
Penske 8983 w/remote reservoir, currently has 900 lb spring installed. I also have a extra 850 lb spring for this setup. I used this for 2-up. With Lee's (Traxxion) expert advice, this set up was perfect.... Comes with Traxxion's 6" vented sock and Reservoir Bracket. Also have Traxxion Dynamics Fork Spring Kit, Omni 1.1 and Fork Spring Buffer Kit 11mm, used with Omni Springs.

Shock - 675.00

Fork Kit - 100.00

Spring - 50.00

Prices are shipped, TYD, CONUS, Paypal.

https://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll233/BNaRRow/IMG_2254.jpg

https://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll233/BNaRRow/IMG_2259.jpg

https://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll233/BNaRRow/IMG_2257.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Less than 2000 miles on shock. Less than 1000 miles on Fork kit. 850lb spring is perfect for 200lb rider....

Yup. The 8983 but with a 900. No real complaints but curious to feel the difference.

Edit - See John just chimed in. Good luck with it all, you should enjoy it.

Yup. The 8983 but with a 900. No real complaints but curious to feel the difference.
Edit - See John just chimed in. Good luck with it all, you should enjoy it.
Well, I'll have to see what he has in mind. I see he's from Canada, which is not (Conus)

What a sweetheart deal.

Darn, it wanted that fork kit. Already have the same Penske set up. Been totally enjoying it.

Being 260lb, they put a 900lb spring on my Penske. Raised my 08 almost 2inches.

What a sweetheart deal.Darn, it wanted that fork kit. Already have the same Penske set up. Been totally enjoying it.

Being 260lb, they put a 900lb spring on my Penske. Raised my 08 almost 2inches.
Hopefully, the added height is wanted. The 900 lb spring, in and of itself, won't raise the height of your bike. The penske has adjustable ride height capabilities. Also, more or less initial preload on a given spring, will change your ride height. Your bike probably steers very quick for a FJR. Without a doubt, you would really benefit from a fork spring change

Good thing I didn't see this when it got posted, not sure how I would have explained it to the wife.
This sold in 2 hrs & 38 minutes, is this a record?
It actually sold in 1hr 8 min. You are just seeing the posts and not the pm's. Anyways, still not a record..... I have sold items before in 1 minute, took about 3-5 minutes to get paypal.

Thanks cutback, I received it today. Very clean and looks almost new, and it was packaged better than anything else I've seen.

Where is the best place to mount the remote reservoir?

Not a record....I think a smuggler holds the record....they always go in record time, especially for a ten 2/3.

R