• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

GP Suspension 7th Annual FJR Forum Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess maybe I'll send the Penske in for a rebuild. I bought it used and I'm not convinced it is giving me it's all. I will put down just a service, but contact you about possibly re-springing it as well while you have it.

The group buy is going great, we have 25 people signed up so far. The buy is open until 12/15, so sign up now to reserve your spot. Please feel free to give the shop a call or email if you have any questions.

I am interested but still in the deciding phase in the time that is left. I have worn front forks and a spring that does not fit my weight, and an ohlins rear shock that needs rebuilding and a spring that fits my weight. I am gonna compare your prices plus shipping costs to another vendor I am looking at.

I will obviously be deciding very soon in order to be included in the group buy if that is the choice.

I am in for a service of my GP/Penske setup.

This is one of the best farkles on my FJR and I am going to keep this setup in good shape.

GP Suspension 7th Annual FJR Forum Group Buy
Houston we have a problem.....

IMG_2142.JPG

Here is a closer view........

IMG_2141.JPG

I had a feeling something besides my back broke on a hard landing in Vermont at NERDS. I'd better stop with the low altitude flying with this pig and only fly with the 690R.

Shipping it out tomorrow, I'm sure you'll call me and let me know the damages.

Houston we have a problem.....
IMG_2142.JPG

Here is a closer view........

IMG_2141.JPG
Bill,

I recall reading of this happening to someone else in the past with a Penske. The thought at that time was that the load of the through-bolt was pulling laterally on the two sides, where it should not. I think it was because the wrong bolt was used or else maybe the bolt was installed backwards or something?

With you being one who pays great attention to details, I'm sure this wasn't the case, right? Were you using the stock mounting bolt? I think I am. In any case, I'll pay extra attention to mine when I pull it out (to send in for a refresh also).

With you being one who pays great attention to details, I'm sure this wasn't the case, right? Were you using the stock mounting bolt? I think I am. In any case, I'll pay extra attention to mine when I pull it out (to send in for a refresh also).
I'm no mechanic, but I do pay attention and double check things. Stock bolt inserted the way the book shows and followed the manual on torque. The way the bushing jamed in there I'm wondering if I had the right shock. Bought it at the original Gp group buy.

I'll get new colar, bearings, and bolt that attach to the relay arm.

I'm blaming this on all you Nerd organizers for not getting the roads smooth for us in VT!
smile.png

I'm in for an 8983. Anybody got any words of wisdom re; external resevoir vs. piggyback?

I'm in for an 8983. Anybody got any words of wisdom re; external resevoir vs. piggyback?

I believe with our bikes, the remote resevoir is what you want because the piggyback may not fit. You can contact GP with their info listed in the first post on this thread

Just got in under the deadline for the group buy. My Wilbers needs servicing and I need new fork springs since my old ones appear to have sacked out since I have used up all the preload adjustment (insert your own fat joke here).

Group buy closes this Saturday, so there is still time to take advantage if you haven't signed up. To all of you who have registered, if we have not yet contacted you, we will be wrapping up all the order next week and will be in contact. Thank you to all who have participated, we look forward to working with you!

P.S. - Hope to see you all the the IMS show in Seattle, we'll have a booth near Ducati and Kawasaki, come say hello, looks at some suspension bling and enter in our drawing for a $100 gift certificate and free dyno tune from SPG.

I just finished registering, but I'm going to need to talk to you about the rear shock options that are offered. I'm really excited about having this done, so, "Thank You" for making this possible for the members of the board!

GP Suspensions received my shock today so I may have it back before the end of the month with luck since I don't think the shop is busy yet with the race team equipment.

I believe they will be doing something that they will announce sometime in the fall. They are busy with the racing season right now. If you need something sooner you might give them a call is send them an email.

They have a prototype 2013 fork set they are testing. We should be hearing something once testing is done.

I believe they will be doing something that they will announce sometime in the fall. They are busy with the racing season right now. If you need something sooner you might give them a call is send them an email. They have a prototype 2013 fork set they are testing. We should be hearing something once testing is done.
I think the testing is over since the prototype 2013 fork set was returned to its owner several weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts