fuzeblocks.com

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim T

Reaction score
Whats the word on this outfit, Is this a good way to go with the bilt in relay. Is this a quality product. Thanks Jim T

I'd agree with both Airboss and ScooterG. I just put one in but haven't had a chance to run any miles yet. The screw terminals are a little small and I'm a little worried about the wires work hardening and breaking. I need to tie them down. But it is a clever design allowing you to have a switched or un-switched power connection.

Cheers,

7X

The Fuzeblock is completely awesome, as is the owner/designer of the Fuzeblock, Curt Gran.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, and it has the relay already integral to the unit. But, unlike a Blue Seas, it is circuit board based. Therefore, if you are planning on running high amperage loads through it, you might consider running the high load apps through a Blue Seas or an unswitched barrier strip instead. I.e, there is a limit to the amperage you can run through it without problem.

I just installed one, and am only reporting (amperage issue) from my research that prompted me to run a separate barrier bar from the battery (unswitched) to handle the Powerlets I anticipate using to power heated gear for 2.

Here is a shot of how I installed mine.

DSCN1051.jpg

DSCN1050.jpg

DSCN1047.jpg

DSCN1046.jpg

The wires are installed now. :rolleyes:

Buy with confidence if you haven't already. I was one of the first to get one and install it. Many, many, miles later it's working fine.

I have this one on my '05 and it's a quality product. During installation, we encountered some problems and after e-mailing the vendor, he personally called back on cell phone and suuccessfully walked us through the process. A+.

Jack.

DSCN1046.jpg

The wires are installed now. :rolleyes:

johnny80s

Very clever install.

Wasn't my idea, I saw the picture of this here on this site.

I tried to find it to give whoever idea it was credit but no luck.

My only concern is whether it has the ooomph to handle hi-amperage continual-load items such as auxiliary lighting? Other than that, everything about it would definitely seem to be "the way to go". Have sort of figured he'd get around to building it's 'big brother' eventually. Oh, ...sweet fab! Slick idea & execute on the easy visual access to the back of the unit, and nice job of 'poor-mans machining' on the alloy hinge bits!!

My only concern is whether it has the ooomph to handle hi-amperage continual-load items such as auxiliary lighting? Other than that, everything about it would definitely seem to be "the way to go". Have sort of figured he'd get around to building it's 'big brother' eventually. Oh, ...sweet fab! Slick idea & execute on the easy visual access to the back of the unit, and nice job of 'poor-mans machining' on the alloy hinge bits!!
Definitely NOT. Any high amperage things, like lights or heated gear should be on its own dedicated relay direct from the battery. You could run the switched control signal to that dedicated relay from a FuzeBlock, but not the main load.

My only concern is whether it has the ooomph to handle hi-amperage continual-load items such as auxiliary lighting? Other than that, everything about it would definitely seem to be "the way to go". Have sort of figured he'd get around to building it's 'big brother' eventually.
I'm with you on that, I run my Tour Master heated coat, my Honda heated grips, my GPS off the fuze block. I ran a seprate circute up front that rus my Hella FF50's. I trigger the Hella's of the stock heated grips lead and the fuse block off the tail light. So the fuze block still has a lot of room for other little things.

Question: In operation, does the fuzeblock heat up? Would it be a good idea to encourage air flow through the area where it is mounted?

That is an extremely clean fabrication of brackets! Good job.

I am early-on in my planning process of circuits needed for heated gear, battery tender, Back-Off tail light module, etc. I like the idea of this unit, but am a rank amature when it comes to electrical stuff, so don't know the "best way" to split the loads for reliability.

Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Don