Garmin support for the 2610

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OhioFJR1300

Reaction score
I'm having a problem with my Garmin 2610 GPS. The touch screen does not seem to work near the edges of the screen. So it makes selecting some things impossible, not to mention that spelling things using the touch screen keyboard is not working well. I called Garmin today to seek some help, thinking full well that this repair is going to cost me a fortune as this 2610 is several years old. Imagine my surprise, when I was told to send it in for repair and it will be fixed for no charge :yahoo: ! Its all boxed up and ready to go, I am told it will be back in 7 to 8 working days. Support like this is why I continue to buy from Garmin. They are first class. :clapping:

Last edited by a moderator:
I totally agree... all of my interactions with them to date have been "what can we do to fix your problem" type responses.... :thumbsup:

+1

replaced external case of my 2610 for n/c after i told them it cracked in a wreck...

customer for life, i am....

My expereience was not quite the same as yours - though I can attribute some of that to being in Canada.

My old SP3 had an intermittent connection issue - it took them more than 4 weeks to even look at the unit. In the end they sent me a refurb - so why did I have to wait a month?

Then, when one of my 276Cs had a problem last year I sent it in - they variously told me they'd already sent it back (and even gave me a tracking number), they'd lost it, they hadn't received it, they were about to look at it, it was unrepairable, they had left it on the wrong loading dock and it grew moss and so on.

NINE WEEKS later I got my unit back (literally - the same unit) by overnight Fedex . . . . unrepaired.

They took only SIX weeks to replace the unit the second time around.

@OhioFJR1300 - I noticed that my touch screen is not working around the edges as well. Did Garmin tell you what they did to repair it? This has just recently started for me, and is not really a bother, but I'd like to know what is going to be fixed. Also, what was the turn around time for your repair? i might wait until winter.

dgfella

Dgfella, they said turn around time would be 7-8 working days. There is a way to "calibrate" the touch screen, mine would not calibrate. the calibrate screen is in the menu some place. I am going to guess they will have to replace my screen. I could not reset my "max speed" or use any of the outer (near the edge) letters in the on screen keyboard in the "find" menu. I bought this GPS in 2003, so I was very happy to hear that they would fix it for free. I'll let you knnow how it comes out.

@OhioFJR1300 - Looks like our problems are identical. I'm going to try the 'recalibrate' command and see what happens. Thanks for the info.

dgfella