Gathering of the Clans - Oct. 9-11, Santa Cruz

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang it, I'm out now. . . . Sorry to miss this. Have fun, the rest of you.
Wish the O'Keeffe's were riding to SC, we're bringing our Labrador Retriever 'Oso with us! Oso wants to surf Steamer Lane, plus the River-mouth!

JSNS, Cowabunga Dude!

11887943_941145265941975_2365102258676331934_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, we booked Zion (The watchman campground) for Oct 8 & 9 just so we can do the Narrows again after 23 years since last time.

We'll stay at the Best Western on Ocean Street in Santa Cruz - easy walk to downtown, covered parking, breakfast included, access to lots of restaurants/nightlife, good jumping off point for lots of route choices. I asked for a group rate but the rate wasn't much less than what you can book online plus they wanted a deposit on 10 rooms as well as putting a 30-day cancellation policy on the rooms. I think it will just be easier for everyone to make their own reservation so get on it!
cool.png

P.S. Per the manager: "Please let your group know that there are many weddings happening that weekend, so the sooner they book the better the chance of getting a room."

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn. Already have something booked for that weekend. I could fly round trip for $471 to San Fran and rent a bike. If it wasn't for previous plans I would do this. I will ride in Cali eventually.

Damn. Already have something booked for that weekend. I could fly round trip for $471 to San Fran and rent a bike. If it wasn't for previous plans I would do this. I will ride in Cali eventually.
Plans can always be changed.
biggrin.png
Sure, but not likely on this one. I am riding with my brother on a sort-of memorial ride for our father. We will be visiting the last surviving WWll LST in Evansville, IN. Our father served on LST-284 at Omaha Beach during the Normandy invasion.

Plans can always be changed.
biggrin.png
Sure, but not likely on this one. I am riding with my brother on a sort-of memorial ride for our father. We will be visiting the last surviving WWll LST in Evansville, IN. Our father served on LST-284 at Omaha Beach during the Normandy invasion.
Alright, I'll let you slide given it's for your dad... saluting him from here. :wub: