Gathering of the Clans! When and Where?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hell,one fruity drink and you can take steve and turn him upside down and use as a asstray,i mean ashtray.lol
Steve is a cheap date eh??
laugh.png

Everyone survived the night! Sir Richard has an IBA inspired route planned. Should be HOT in interior. Me n' EscapeRtist will ride a shorter CBA route.

Not sure yet how SPengui has rated hubby Andy, Firm or Soft?

Everyone survived the night! Sir Richard has an IBA inspired route planned. Should be HOT in interior. Me n' EscapeRtist will ride a shorter CBA route. Not sure yet how SPengui has rated hubby Andy, Firm or Soft?
I dunno...mebbe a little candyass talkin? :D

Of course you ride these roads all the time. Me, if I was in the area rarely, I'd wanna eat the whole gallon of ice cream, and pay for it later...if you get my drift.

We need to find some virgins for a sacrafice on the fire pit tonight however there is no chance of that in this group. Looks like we'll have to get our son to check the beaches today.

We need to find some virgins for a sacrafice on the fire pit tonight however there is no chance of that in this group. Looks like we'll have to get our son to check the beaches today.
You have your son looking for virgins? Whaaa?
. He is 19 and came over from LA to visit us while we are down here. I know he could find more than Carver can:)

Returned home this evening after an epic clan ride. My wife Ann could not take one more night in the Motel 6. Note to self, never do the Motel 6 again, and if I do, bring shampoo.

I will miss dinner at the Nugget tonight. I got a pork chop to die for yesterday. Thanks Richard for putting this together. Met some great people this weekend. Hope Tyler and friends made it back safe.

Hey Richard, where was Nicks dad today?
poster_oops.gif

McRide007, EscapeArtist and dCarver decided to run a short CBA puppy-dog route instead of Sir Richard's Big Dawg route. So much for calculations.. R's route was 268, we ran 245.. LOL.

Great ride today with DCarver! Ran around Ventura for an hour or so looking at the last 25 years of changes. Wow, things don't look the same...

--G

Last edited by a moderator:
Great ride! Seemed to hammer through 10,000 corners. Kept it at the limit for confidence most of the time came it too hot and had a couple of pucker moments but was learning and improving the whole time. All together, counting to and from the house, 360 miles. Definitely will sleep well tonight!

Great ride today with DCarver! Ran around Ventura for an hour or so looking at the last 25 years of changes. Wow, things don't look the same... --G
You guys Have been reported to the CBA Director for a violation of the extended ride code, punishment to follow, great to see you guys again as always, I got home in enough time to go see my Sons High school jazz band play, with my son on the Sax. See you in a few Weeks George

Steve O

Back safe and sound.

Great meeting so many new folks from NorCal, and seeing old friends from NorCal and SoCal. Had a great time Friday with all ya’ll. And special thanks to Richard for coordinating all this.

Sorry folks I had to leave and not ride Saturday. There is a great lesson here on hydration & sleep. I did not start the trip off well hydrated and did not hydrate well on my four hour trip getting there. I believe this contributed to my lack of getting any sleep, and combined in the morning is I was not on my “A” game to ride. Since I couldn’t sleep I got up and ate breakfast, but I knew all was not well, so I took off rather than risk my safety or anyone else’s trying to do the Saturday ride, I really needed to get hydrated and get some rest.

I was bummed I didn’t get to ride with my old/new friends on Saturday, and ride a detour with madmike2 back to home.

I’ll say this about my trip home… I have never felt this goofy and it took all my power to stay focused and ride, I was barely on my “D” game here. Things that were always second nature that I never thought about I now had to concentrate on. It was very strange and unnerving riding like this. I drank tons-o-water before I left and stopped a couple times and had more. I decided to not take any twisties home as I didn’t want to risk it and I slabbed it home. It was still a challenge. Of course LA traffic was horrible, I thought it wouldn’t be bad at mid-morning, WRONG!

I got home and drank a bunch more water and napped for about 5 hours, that helped.

Anyway had a great time again with everyone. Next time the Camelback is coming with me for sure.
wink.png

I look forward to Tyler’s ride report pix.

Been in bed for two days already, loaded to the gills with cold medicine.
cry.gif
Worst cold I've had in years. In part, I suppose, because the clan was gathering so close by!

Awful jealous!

My question is: Out of the 500 that started, how many actually completed the whole, long version, of the ride? Four of us left Pine Mountain in the first group, how many came in the later groups?

That would be 6 (Make that 5) i think.....and 268 is NOT a long ride.......it only seemed long because of all the waiting around....
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

R