• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Gen 1 Farkles, 2004 Cer. Silver

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bungie

FrostBack #2 - IBA # 44620
Reaction score
Updated: 20140606

It was a nice day out, well, nice enough to get some work done in the garage. I'm de-farklizing my magnificent 2004 Silver beast. It's going on the market soon. Still haven't decided what I'm going to do with Cogent/Ohlins suspension...

Anyway.. on with the sale bits!

Cereleun (sp?) color matched cover for a Givi V46. A couple of minor scuffs, but in good condition .$45

Img_1911.jpg

Genmar risers $25.

Img_1912.jpg

Air hawk inflatable seat pad, used twice, sorry, no pics, perfect shape. $65

As I mentioned, I haven't decided what I'm doing with the Cogent Forks/Ohlins rear with remote preload. Sprung and valved for a 175lb rider, 2 years old with about 25,000 miles on them. If your interested, send me a PM. Otherwise, I think I'm going to contact Cogent and see if the Gen1 rear shock can be modified to fit a Gen 2/3 and put them on my 2013.

As for the bike, it'll be posted up shortly.

PM me if your interested in anything, all prices do not include shipping. First come, first served.

Last edited by a moderator:
IIRC there isn't any difference in the shock itself Steve, only the remote preload mount.

I'd check to be sure but I bet that's all it is.

IIRC there isn't any difference in the shock itself Steve, only the remote preload mount.
I'd check to be sure but I bet that's all it is.
The remote preload isn't the issue. Its the reservoir. The Gen2/3 Ohlins are remote units. The Gen 1 has it top mounted. I'm gonna send an email to Rick and Cogent and see if it can be converted. Don't see why not.

Dang it! That's what I meant to say.
fool.gif
I had a genll Penski on my 04. I had a bunch of .250 inch aluminum flatstock laying about and made a new mount for the rez.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sent you multiple PM's trying to figure out logistics. I am interested. Can you call me at the number in your for me? Thanks.

I haven't received any PM's. I just double checked. Mailbox isn't full.

I'll PM you my email addy.

Hey Steve.. If this goes through why don't you try and get it to Ray or Bill.. They could transport it here and I could ship saving somebody some cash.

Hell, maybe Crump could take it back to Indy for the guy.

I'm 6'4". I sent Bungie an email and he responded telling me that since he is shorter than I am that he didn't think I would be completely happy and that he preferred to keep it on the market looking for a different buyer. Crump would have been a good middle man, though... he and I ride together often.

Minus the addition to sit closer to the tank, this is exactly what I am looking for.
not_i.gif

Staving the impulse, I'll take a day or to think over the idea of squeezing my 6' 1" 270# butt into the reduced space.