• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Gen 1 owner, looking for a front Stay? I found this!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Parkshark shows this part as $302.00 shipped. A bit more than 1/3 the price, but well less than 1/2. The mirror tab look untouched, though.

Truthfully, the second time I dropped my Gen 1 and of course broke a mirror tab, I gave up on Yamaha and had some small gussets welded on each side of each tab. Gave the welder $50.00 for the 30 minutes of work, he was tickled pink, and so was I at the cost savings. What I didn't expect is how much better the mirrors worked with a more rigid stay tab.

I have one with the left side slightly bent. Minor. I got a new one because I wanted it to go together the first time. It was damaged with a deer strike. Deer was trying to stop but it's head hit the front left side.

8zyIfvI.jpg

$100 plus shipping. Headlight and dash not included but are for sale: both broken but maybe fixable. Ask me/?

What is wrong with the dash?
The speedo is wacko. The needle dropped down and takes a while to get going, so when you are going 60 mph it says 30 mph. I don't know how to fix it and think something broke in a fall over. I put installed a used one from my parts bike with 143331 miles on it. The broken one has 37465 miles on it.