Gen 1 to register

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim ferrell

Reaction score
I've been advised to register with the forum. I have a 2003 gen 1 with just under 30,000 miles. This is my first year with the bike, and I had to do a lot of things to get her up to speed. This forum was extremely helpful with that, and I thank you all again. I had a herniated disk in my neck all summer and my right arm was in severe pain from shoulder to hand, so basically missed the riding season. I thought about selling, but then when things got better this Fall started riding again, and remembered what I love about the FJR and what a magnificent machine it is, esp. considering the vintage of mine. Keeping the bike, of course. I am putting her up for the winter at this point, but am trying to find highway pegs and a better seat for next year. I have the plates for the pegs, but the pegs that came with the bike are cheesy home made, and I won't have them on the bike. I like a comfortable seat that works for more than two hours, if I can find one... I am in Maine...

Latest posts