Gen lll Frame sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Redfish hunter is correct. I fell at considerable speed, At least 40 mph. My t-Rex frame slider was rashed, but it did not break off and the single bolt was not bent. I removed the slider from my totaled bike and was able to order a replacement puck for only $35.00.

The single bolt design for the t-Rex product is more than acceptable for its intended purpose.

Their website is t-rex-racing.com plus they have an E-Bay presence. Their E-Bay pricing is slightly higher than their site, but includes shipping.
When ordering directly from their website ($129.95), shipping runs $14 and up, depending on your location.

Buying from Ebay works out cheaper ($139.95 with free shipping). Here's a link to their Ebay page.

Also available from Amazon for the same price as Ebay (free shipping).

Last edited by a moderator:
Redfish hunter is correct. I fell at considerable speed, At least 40 mph. My t-Rex frame slider was rashed, but it did not break off and the single bolt was not bent. I removed the slider from my totaled bike and was able to order a replacement puck for only $35.00.
The single bolt design for the t-Rex product is more than acceptable for its intended purpose.
hppant, Sorry to hear you totalled you bike. What happened? Are you OK? Art

hppant, Sorry to hear you totalled you bike. What happened? Are you OK? Art
No he is not okay. He took such a hard knock to his head that he insisted on another Lipstick Pink 2014 FJR as a replacement!
smile.png

He is fine and riding a shiny new bike. You can read about his (and mine) entire adventure in the Ride Report section. His thread is titled Get Busy Living.

I know he has pics somewhere of the damaged slider.

Last edited by a moderator:
Form vs. function is always the issue...... what looks perty and what works better. All the sliders and the Canyon Cages are at or below the fulcrum point of the bike in a tipover. It takes very little to tip it over further to damage the mirrors. I liked the ones that were mounted higher (Madmudder's I believe). The T-Rex bars might be better...... regardless, it's all about what compromise of form (beauty) and function you want.