Getting out of my comfort zone - Yosemite.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW Sam! Those pics are just simply stunning. What a great first camping run. Luv the Strom and your set up!

Thanks guys - flattered, really! :D

The Strom is fun, although it needs some suspension work, like the FJR has had, and it is absent the gobs of power that the FJR puts down from the get go, and can't match the FJR's excellent brakes - still it is much lighter, has more clearance, and certainly feels more nimble than the FJR, and still has a lot of power if you know where the sweet range in the torque curve is.

Went with the wife on the bike a few years ago thru Yosemite. Just a "touch-n-go" ride really while the hordes of tourists were at it's max. Your excellent photos and write up made me realize what we really missed. Just to have an opportunity to sit for a couple hours at Mirror Lake would've been therapeutic beyond measure. Thanks for sharing Sam.

Thanks Doug!

I hope to do more camping in Yosemite, once the throngs dissipate. Sept or October perhaps, there wouldn't be any water left, but maybe Merced River would turn into a Mirror river...one can hope, it would be better than completely dry..

Last edited by a moderator: