• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Givi V46 LED tail & Brake lights

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first five are assembled and tested, and I am working out the final details on the connectors.

I also am working with a circuit board manufacturer as it takes me way too much time and effort to make these by hand. I may make some more if I can get the boards made for them, but I doubt I am going to be able to sell any more at $80, I found out that it takes way too much time and money to make each one.

I'll let you know when I am set up to sell some more and where I will price them at. It may be a several weeks.

large.jpg

Fred,

I am new to the Forum and to my new 06' FJR1300 AE. I do a lot of business in Shanghai and if I can help you in any way to find a manufacturer here just let me know.

Kind regards,

Rick

RG1 said:
The first five are assembled and tested, and I am working out the final details on the connectors.

I also am working with a circuit board manufacturer as it takes me way too much time and effort to make these by hand. I may make some more if I can get the boards made for them, but I doubt I am going to be able to sell any more at $80, I found out that it takes way too much time and money to make each one.

I'll let you know when I am set up to sell some more and where I will price them at. It may be a several weeks.

large.jpg

Fred,

I am new to the Forum and to my new 06' FJR1300 AE. I do a lot of business in Shanghai and if I can help you in any way to find a manufacturer here just let me know.

Kind regards,

Rick

Thanks for the offer to assist Rick, but the sales volume on them is so low, I don't think it would be worthwhile.

Thanks for the offer to assist Rick, but the sales volume on them is so low, I don't think it would be worthwhile.
Fred,

Kudos to you for making these available for as long as you did. Given that you're not going to make anymore, would you be willing to point us to a "Circuit Boards for Dummies" book or web site? I'd love to tackle this for the sheer joy of giving it a shot. I'm OK with a soldering gun, but was a finance major, not an EE. :)

Of course, if you say, "Figger it our yerself, ya lazy bum" I'll understand. :)

Rancho

I still have some left. If anyone wants one, let me know.
Hi Fred,

I'm interested in purchasing 1 kit. How does the wiring or kit look on the bike when the topbox isn't on?

Thanks,

Goldee (06 FJR AE)

Sorry, didn't know my box was full.

The kit is $110 delivered, and I have now updated the LED's to an even brighter output model.

When the box is removed, the single small cable can be tucked back under the seat and you won't even know it is there.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI, I have nine circuit cards left with enough LEDs and parts to complete them. Unless the demand for these changes, I am thinking I will end production when I sell what I have left.

I just got a new batch of circuit cards, so if anyone wants a tail light kit, let me know.

I may be interested. Is it still only for the 4 red circles located aft center of the V46 box?

Because funds aren't as readily available as I'd like, how much you asking?

Thanks

Rick.

The kit is $110 delivered.

It acts as both tail and brake lights, is extemly bright, and draws very little current (under 100 milliamps). It also uses a very small high quality connector as well as connectors for attaching to your brake light wires with no splicing needed and both tail and brake light circuits are fused as well.

Photos of it are here:

https://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/givibrakelites

large.jpg

large.jpg

At $110 for just the 4 round ones, I'll pass.

Has anyone ever illuminated those bigger reflector panels at the bags centerline?

A cooler farkle would be to use those seperately as turn signals and also together as a supplemental brake lights, possibly along with the four circles?

I still have mine, Fred. I'm chroming the GIVI rack hardware so I haven't had a chance to install the lights. Too many farkles, so little time!

Has anyone ever illuminated those bigger reflector panels at the bags centerline?

A cooler farkle would be to use those seperately as turn signals and also together as a supplemental brake lights, possibly along with the four circles?
Fred W. Actually, it's 20 High Intensity LED's on a custom circuit board. Price is very reasonable.

67636311.P5dfnoLF.jpg

I'm interested too but not sure what givi trunk that i have...

I bought the bike used and it came with it.

Or did you find out that it fit more than one trunk?

okay. I just ordered the givi v46 for my 2007 ae from sport tourerltd. How do i order your lights ?? PayPal i assume ????

J Taylor

Fred W. Actually, it's 20 High Intensity LED's on a custom circuit board. Price is very reasonable.

67636311.P5dfnoLF.jpg
Hmmm. Reconsidering...

I guess it's hard to tell the intensity from photos.

For those of you that have experience with these are they really attention getting?

I've got the AdMore kit for the V46, and Fred's kit is MUCH brighter. I got the admore kit with Givi's connector kit for a clean install. If I were to do it again, I'd get this kit and be done with it. Givi's connectors are hit or miss, I've been through 2 bad ones -- though Givi is very good with customer support on these things.