• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Givi V46 LED tail & Brake lights

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought one of these from Fred back in the Fall of 2006 and it is still working great about 30,000 miles. My riding buddies say it is very visable day and night. I think it increases visability alot because it is up high like those center lites on the cars. I would reccomend to anyone who doesn't want to get rear ended

Several folks have been asking if I am still making these, and yes I am, but on a pretty small basis. If you want one, all you need to do is send me an email at fredharmon(AT)netzero(DOT)net

Hopefully you know what to change the (AT) and (DOT) into.

I have just been having folks send me personal checks, and that has worked fine for over 2 years now. Normally I ship out via 2 day US Postal Priority mail the day your check arrives. Total cost is $110 which includes shipping.

I just had 25 more circuit cards made, but need to order some more LED's and supplies, so let me know in advance if you want one so I can have it all ready when your check gets here.

I don't visit this board much anymore, so the best way to contact me is by email.

I just wanted to go on record in saying that Fred is a real stand up guy. I purchased a light kit from him last Dec and finally got around to installing it. One of the connectors had a pin that was not inserted properly. I contacted Fred and he was quite concerned and told me he would send my money back or repair the connector or send out a new kit, whatever I wanted. I sent the connector back to Fred to fix, He received it on monday and I had the repaired connector in my hands that Friday. Along with 3 $ to cover my postage to send it to him.

I would recomment Fred to anyone , he stands behind his product , which I love by the way. :clapping:

Mac

I guess it's hard to tell the intensity from photos.
For those of you that have experience with these are they really attention getting?

My riding buddies say it is very visable day and night. I think it increases visability alot because it is up high like those center lites on the cars. I would reccomend to anyone who doesn't want to get rear ended
2247302-plus1.gif

I have an early version, and the latest one is actually a good bit brighter than mine, and mine's very visible, to the point I'm paranoid to ride w/out my Givi box in place....

I have an early version, and the latest one is actually a good bit brighter than mine, and mine's very visible, to the point I'm paranoid to ride w/out my Givi box in place....
Hey Toecutter,

If you got one of the early versions with the home made circuit card, let me know. If you would like to return it to me, I will gladly exchange it (free of charge) for one of my newer units with a professionally made circuit card and my newest LED's.

I think I made the first 5 circuit cards by hand, and the newer circuit cards are more reliable, so I would have no problem exchanging those first 5 early units out if anyone wants to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Toecutter,

If you got one of the early versions with the home made circuit card, let me know. If you would like to return it to me, I will gladly exchange it (free of charge) for one of my newer units with a professionally made circuit card and my newest LED's.

I think I made the first 5 circuit cards by hand, and the newer circuit cards are more reliable, so I would have no problem exchanging those first 5 early units out if anyone wants to.
Fred,

Email sent. I have one of the first ones that you made. I'd like to take you up on the offer to get the new improved model. Let me knowhow to proceed. Thanks again. :clapping:

Fred definitely came through on this deal. Just go my newer latest greatest version installed and running. Any more, I'm afraid to run without my Givi box, for safety's sake....

Fred, Email sent. I have one of the first ones that you made. I'd like to take you up on the offer to get the new improved model. Let me knowhow to proceed. Thanks again. :clapping:
OhioFJR,

I got your kit back. I replaced the entire circuit board and LED's (with the newer/bright version). I also checked out the wiring harness and added some heat shrink over the connectors. I shipped it back to you on Tuesday, so you should get it any day now.

Last edited by a moderator: