Glovebox ???

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nursindude

Reaction score
Hello all... I know the answer is probably on the forum, but I have a helluva time with the "search" on here. Question is... "will a Gen II glovebox fit a Gen I bike??? Thanks Kevin

Check the part numbers. You can look up part numbers at Mondak motorsports website. IF you want to buy one for a gen I you can Gary McCoy at Mondak. He gives great discounts to forum members.

Last edited by a moderator:
The answer is YES - so long as you keep it in your saddlebag - otherwise, no. :clapping:

Sell your Gen-I and buy a new glovebox - it will be cooler to ride, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
The answer is YES - so long as you keep it in your saddlebag - otherwise, no. :clapping:

How do you ride a glovebox??? haha Cool, I got the answer that I needed....next question... Anybody got one for a 2004 that they salvaged??? thanks, Kevin

How do you ride a glovebox??? haha Cool, I got the answer that I needed....next question... Anybody got one for a 2004 that they salvaged??? thanks, Kevin
Your new glove box will come wrapped up in a new motorcycle. :yahoo:

Call Gary and find out how much a new one is. You might be surprised.

I thought GEN I's didn't have a glove box... am I stupid on this one?
EDIT:

At least the 2003 had no glovebox:

https://www.fjrforum.com/files/fjrcomparo.pdf
WOW, did you leave a door open! But I'm taking the high road and not walking through.

04 & 05 had gloveboxes.

Ping Grumpy.

If you do get a quote, post it here - my door pops open sometimes when I hit a big bump, so I might be interested too.

I'll make a call tomorrow and let ya' know.... Kevin

Having an 03 I can say if it has a glove box its REALLY well hidden. I haven't found it in the 4 years I've owned mine :p

I've also really eyeballed my fathers 04 that does have a glovebox and I think that adding one to the 03 would be doable. I freely admit I havent looked inside the 04's tupperware but the bodywork is all exactly the same from the outside. it looks like you could relocate the hazard blinker button on the 03 and carefully cut the hole in the fairing for the new box. The stumbling block here is that I haven't seen how the box is actually secured to the fairing on the inside. I'm also guessing that the ignition controlled lock would be a pain to wire in. Diffucult I assume, but not insurmountable.

I'm actually seriously contemplating one of two things...

1) Disassemble an 04 to identify and buy/modify the neccessary parts for my 03, which could possibly lead to...

2) Accidently need new plastic for the left side and then buy 04 bodywork.

I'm thinking if that happened I'd buy the left upper/lower left pieces, plus the ABCD panels and either repaint or get on Ebay the 04 blue right upper/lower/headlight pieces. I think leaving the fender tank and tail sections silver might be nice looking.

Having an 03 I can say if it has a glove box its REALLY well hidden. I haven't found it in the 4 years I've owned mine :p
I've also really eyeballed my fathers 04 that does have a glovebox and I think that adding one to the 03 would be doable. I freely admit I havent looked inside the 04's tupperware but the bodywork is all exactly the same from the outside. it looks like you could relocate the hazard blinker button on the 03 and carefully cut the hole in the fairing for the new box. The stumbling block here is that I haven't seen how the box is actually secured to the fairing on the inside. I'm also guessing that the ignition controlled lock would be a pain to wire in. Diffucult I assume, but not insurmountable.

I'm actually seriously contemplating one of two things...

1) Disassemble an 04 to identify and buy/modify the neccessary parts for my 03, which could possibly lead to...

2) Accidently need new plastic for the left side and then buy 04 bodywork.

I'm thinking if that happened I'd buy the left upper/lower left pieces, plus the ABCD panels and either repaint or get on Ebay the 04 blue right upper/lower/headlight pieces. I think leaving the fender tank and tail sections silver might be nice looking.

It has been done, you need the 04' fairing parts. Get the 04 parts then have the whole bike repainted.