What year Goldwing foot peg will fit 2023 FJR (with slight modification)? For rider foot peg, not passenger.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trialsguy

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
What year Goldwing foot peg will fit 2023 FJR (with slight modification)?

I believe I read the answer to this a couple of weeks ago, and after searching, I'm not able to locate it. Thanks!

Last year I swapped my pegs to the aftermarket GW ones too. They didn’t come with “feelers”, so I made a set from stainless steel screws and acorn nuts. I also had to grind off a little material from outside of the pivot brackets so that they fit between the FJR’s mounting brackets. I like the larger surface area of the GW pegs.
Good luck with your peg swap!

I wouldn't bother. You'd probably end up with similar cornering limitations. How about a fat-peg like aftermarket Wing pegs put up as highway pegs? I have like these styles in the past.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/2x-Duall...ld-Wing-GL1800-2001-2018-Front-Only/697635466
In my original post, I forgot to mention why I was looking to swap foot pegs. I'm looking for more room from seat to pegs - to take some stress off of my knee and hip joints. I read on the other FJR forum that the top of the GW pegs are lower (maybe 1/2" or 3/4"?), but the bottom the peg is the same distance as a stock FJR peg. So it won't ground any sooner in cornering. It's also cheaper than the dedicated "peg lowerers". And it would not have the grounding issue that the "peg lowerers" cause when cornering.

On my 2008AE I added crash bars - wonderful for when I drop it in my driveway. Anyway, I mounted a set of aftermarket foot rests on those and when I feel the desire on longer straights I simply stretch my feet forward. I feel like I'm on a Harley or old school chopper.

BTW, the rear crash bars let me bring my leg back and hook the heel on the front bar. I don't think that is very safe so stopped doing it. I don't like the rear crash bars because if I drag my feet (in a parking lot) the heel can catch on the crash bar when I pick them up, esp. if I'm accelerating and the leg swings back. Working hard at not doing that.

Attachments

• 20230803_174620.jpg
    20230803_174620.jpg
    9.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230803_174606.jpg
    20230803_174606.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
The reason why I swapped my FJR foot pegs to GW ones is because I wanted an increase in the peg’s surface area. After several days of riding in a row, I was moving my foot on the pegs to different places to relieve the aching in my arches. The FJR’s pegs are relatively narrow compared to the GW’s, and the extra contact area lessens the pressure on the bottom of my feet. Thanks again for the idea @Whooshka!

The reason why I swapped my FJR foot pegs to GW ones is because I wanted an increase in the peg’s surface area. After several days of riding in a row, I was moving my foot on the pegs to different places to relieve the aching in my arches. The FJR’s pegs are relatively narrow compared to the GW’s, and the extra contact area lessens the pressure on the bottom of my feet. Thanks again for the idea @Whooshka!
I can agree with that. Most aren't "thinner" than the FJR's (which I take as thickness between boot contact surface and underside of peg. Wider would certainly be the case, but wider on the FJR could also lead to loss of cornering clearance in some cases; not a concern for most of the GWRRA riders I knew.