Going for BBG from DFW September 10th / 11th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the weather is looking pretty gloomy in the morning for our original planned start time of 6am. The forecast gets much better later in the day, so we opted for a 6pm start instead.

First thing this morning I woke up and checked your route. Didn't look good. We'll pray for better weather this evening. Good luck!!!

I'm heading out at 2 pm, for Midlothian to meet up with Craig. If we are lucky I think we will be good to go until tomorrow morning, well that and this afternoon for me.

Ok truth is, we are going to ride in some rain, no question about it.
rolleyes.gif
Should be a fun ride. Craig's first BBG, and my Platinum Mile Eater ride, if we are successful.

My spot track: https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=1236e57d20119612c0

Rich

Hey buddy! Been watching your progress for about an hour. You'll be passing through Abilene about 7:45. I'd come out to I-20 and cheer for ya........ but the Nascar boys are at Richmond and I'm hung here watching it. But......thinking about ya all the way! Stay safe and get home in one piece! Jealous!!!!!!

Thanks. Yeah, a walk in the park, sure thing....
no.gif

Just stepped back in the house, made it in about 23hrs. It could've been sooner if not for my drowsy falling asleep arse having to make a couple short visits to the Iron Butt Roadside Inn - gonna have to work on that.

Well, that and Rich telling me to slow the eff down all the time
grin.gif

Rich was a great riding partner. The man knows so much about this LD stuff, what a great way for a young pup to cut his teeth. Thanks again Rich!

Not many pics on this trip, we are talking west Texas after all. One of the more interesting facets of this trip included riding into the sunset, then turn right around and ride into the sunrise, doh! But alas, the weather was not being nice so we were kind of forced into this route plan. Got some pics and will post up a meager RR later- but I gotta warn you, I'm not in the same league as some of our forum's more talented RR'rs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Schweet ride, sir! With only one stop for gas and only one stop to eat!!!
coolsmiley02.gif

Congratulations and glad you're home in one piece. The most important lesson: if you're tired, stop riding. Make sure your paperwork is in order, and be sure to include the link to your Spotwalla page.

Thanks all. It was was a fun challenge
Poolboytoo good point on cruise control. Now that I have it I wouldn't leave home without it cause it's too easy for someone like me to be a lazy bastage. But that said I didn't seem to be fighting the drowsy's near as much when running without it
Hud, what can I say on the messages lol. No excuses. I apparently got real good mpgs though eh?
smile.png

grin.gif
Rich was a great riding partner. The man knows so much about this LD stuff, what a great way for a young pup to cut his teeth. Thanks again Rich!
Hey don't thank me I just tagged along. Enjoyed the ride, especially after you turned down those flame throwers. I think they actually faded the back of my jacket a little.
uhoh.gif

I've got plenty of good memories from the ride, but I'll let your ride report tell the story. I do have one question though. How the hell do you stay so clean?

I mean look at this guy. Straight out of GQ magazine or something.

Craig

BBG491117.jpg

And then the homeless person that hangs out at gas stations.

BBG691117.jpg

Seriously, thanks Craig, hopefully we can share the roads of Texas again in the future.

Rich

^^^Too Funny^^^

Rich, I don't remember that pic being so dark when I sent it to you
biggrinsmiley.gif