Greater Vancouver

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2WheelTiger

Chief Executive Carnivore
Reaction score
Curious how many FJR riders are active in the greater Vancouver area. I see some in Van, some in Surrey, and some in Abbotsford.

There are a few in Bellingham and one or two on the island, but I don't really consider those "greater Vancouver".

So, if you're active in the area, please post up.

There are actually quite a few fjr's on the Island here, but few who are forum members.

Just an FYI

There has been chatter about hosting an Island fjr ride. A weekend incl BBQ etc, but working out a circumnav route on an island with closed ended routes isn't the easiest.

If and when it gets off the ground, it will be posted here.

:)

Who says your Vancouver is the "greater" Vancouver??

Maybe we need a "Vancouver Meets Vancouver" ride?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty close to the city ............... 20 minute ferry ride then another 20 on the upper levels gets me downtown.

I've been a year round commuter on two wheels for the past six or seven years. I've found there's usually about four weeks of the year where it's just too frosty to ride early in the mornings or later in the evening round these parts. Typically it's the second half of January and the first half of February where I'm taking the cage to work.

Butter chicken sounds mighty good to me - and it's been a while since I've been down to Seattle - so what the hell ....... I'm in for a ride.

Anyone else?

There has been chatter about hosting an Island fjr ride. A weekend incl BBQ etc, but working out a circumnav route on an island with closed ended routes isn't the easiest.If and when it gets off the ground, it will be posted here.

:)

I have always wondered how nice it might be to ride through Victoria - take the ferry stateside - then tour the Olympic Peninsula Mountains for a day or so - then loop back up the coast to Vancouver.

ferry from Vic to Port Angeles, then go west from there and scoot along crescent lake for a bit

thats a bit o fun... :)

I've been thinking Hurricane Ridge, I haven't done it yet on the bike. But, I thought we were discussing an Island ride. Now we need two weekend trips planned.

I've been thinking Hurricane Ridge, I haven't done it yet on the bike. But, I thought we were discussing an Island ride. Now we need two weekend trips planned.
Well, then the Duffy Lake Loop trip too..

Thats 3 weekends :p

Plan them up, boys!! You know the runs. Set up some dates and we'll be there.
I'm in Surrey...can't say that I can always be available for rides or group get togethers...but if anyone else is interested let me know.

Plan them up, boys!! You know the runs. Set up some dates and we'll be there.
I'm in Surrey...can't say that I can always be available for rides or group get togethers...but if anyone else is interested let me know.
Are you a member of any of the YVR area riders clubs? I've been looking at Greater Vancouver MC and Coast Riders. I don't relish riding with some of the louder twins, but a ride is a ride and they look like decent folk in the pics.

In any case, my leash isn't long enough for me to travel up there until the end of December. Certainly you folk should get together this 4 day weekend.

Curious how many FJR riders are active in the greater Vancouver area. I see some in Van, some in Surrey, and some in Abbotsford.
There are a few in Bellingham and one or two on the island, but I don't really consider those "greater Vancouver".

So, if you're active in the area, please post up.
Another way to do a loop is to plan a ride on the Island, including a section over to Tofino, then take the ferry from Comox over to Powell River

on the mainland and ride back down the Sunshine Coast to Vancouver.