Ground Loop Isolator Installation

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay H

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just a quick question. I have installed my satellite radio on the bike and I have been following the threads on engine noise. Most recommend using the same grounding point which I have done, but I am still getting some noise with the engine off and switched power on. I purchased the ground loop isolator at Radio Shack and installed between my ground wire directly wired from the battery and my switched power to the tail light (blue wire). When I hooked up the isolator between the ground wire and the Autocomm Active Seven unit and the switched power (blue wire) to the Autocomm unit I am now getting no sound at all. Where exactly do you hook the isolator up too? Obviously it is doing it's job now that I cannot hear anything.

This almost sounds like a Friday question??

Thanks,

J

Take that one back to RatShack and get one of THESE. Works like a charm and it's simple.
I've got one of those, you can have it. On our way out to NAFO our GPS quit talking to me several times. Turns out it worked right up to the point where it got warm, then it just stopped letting anything through(I had it mounted under the seat). Fortunately heading west is not difficult. :)

The ground isolators that I use go in-line with the headphone jack, not the ground wire for the power. They were made by AmpliRider and came with the unit I bought, but they appear to be the same as what you would make with the Radio Shack transformers.

Latest posts