Hand Gripsq

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pablo

Reaction score
I don't mean to sound girlie, but my hands sometimes ache after riding a good while. Is there anything on the market to improve comfort besides better gloves.

I don't mean to sound girlie, but my hands sometimes ache after riding a good while. Is there anything on the market to improve comfort besides better gloves.
Pablo,

Two words...Grip Puppies. They can be found here for about $8.20:

California Sport Touring Website

I love mine and they have helped tremendously!

Also, consider a Cramp Buster found here:

Cramp Buster's Webpage

I have no affiliation with either company.

I hope this assists you. Best of luck!

Rex

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, Pablo, quit being such a baby :huh:

(Just kidding)

The two most popular fixes are Grip puppies and BMW sport grips. Lots of info on both....Search is your friend.

I've used Grip Puppies with great success. They're cheap and VERY easy to install. BMW grips; a little pricier/ marginally more diifficult to install.

I, too, am a fan of Grip Puppies. Very cheap an simple to install. It took me a few rides after installing them to grow accustomed to the increased circumference of the grip area(no jokes please).

It has already been a year with them installed. I've ridden about 10K miles including a few hundred miles in the rain. I will replace them when needed. I should get another year or two out of them.

Kris

I have bigger hands and use them alot in my day to day job. The grips on most of these bikes are sized for smaller hands. I love my grip puppies!!! No more hand problems.

CASportTouring also sells a pair of oversize Sport-Touring grips that are similar to the BMW grip, much less $$$, and much easier to install because of a better fit on the FJR.

Sunline Grand Touring Grips from CASportTouring

I like mine. You have to open the end of the grip and then it fits the FJR just fine.

My opinion of the BMW sport grips is "they suck". I bought them because I expected good things out of them... but in general, they suck. If it wasn't such a PIA to replace them, I would've done it already. I should also mention that I have x-large women's hands or small men's hands, Heidi