Harley guy here..

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an 09 without a cruise control and it works fine.

I use a Go Cruise. It uses the break lever as a stop; just open the throttle and push it to the brake lever with one finger. Just do a web search to find it at your favorite store for $20 and it is an easy install. I also use a Throttle Rocker. Between the two I don't get cramps and hand pain.

IMG_0259.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
The USA gov't says I have MPGs (as in, two) for my car, those two being one for the highway, and one for in town.
lol.gif
Do you believe everything the government says?
Mcatrophy,

Never said I believed them.
coolsmiley02.gif
Anyways, every time I took my highway MPG into town, I lost it.
haha.gif

Cheers,

Red

This is a niggly thing, but it's "RPM" without an s. It stands for Revolutions per Minute and an extra s would make it Revolutions per Minutes.
Enjoy the forum!
F**k, Ig, if I knew we could correct grammar, I'd a have been all over that sh*t years ago!
Fixed it for you
rolleyes.gif

This is a niggly thing, but it's "RPM" without an s. It stands for Revolutions per Minute and an extra s would make it Revolutions per Minutes.
Enjoy the forum!
F**k, Ig, if I knew we could correct grammar, I'd a been all over that sh*t years ago!
I think it's a new rule. I'm pretty sure there was no correction the other 614 times or so the same mistake has been made.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=site%3Afjrforum.com+RPMs&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&channel=sb&gfe_rd=cr&ei=u_4rVOz7M4bBoATU4ICQCQ

Thanks, I will get these two items to get started. I just put in a purchase for the OES long sliders.

Rode a few minutes yesterday, gotta fix that auto-retract.

Beary

I use a Go Cruise. It uses the break lever as a stop; just open the throttle and push it to the brake lever with one finger. Just do a web search to find it at your favorite store for $20 and it is an easy install. I also use a Throttle Rocker. Between the two I don't get cramps and hand pain.

Thanks, I will get these two items to get started. I just put in a purchase for the OES long sliders.

Rode a few minutes yesterday, gotta fix that auto-retract.

Beary

You might also take a look at the Kuryakyn throttle lock. I've used them on a bunch of bikes, to include a Gen I and a Gen III FJR. Extremely easy to use while underway. And if you adjust the tension correctly, it's easy to make small throttle adjustments for changes in gradient.

Beary, In the interest of your safety, I would not purchase a throttle rocker. You are a new owner of the FJR and as you may have learned it has a rather touchy throttle. On slow maneuvers you can accidently hit that thing and send the bike surging out of control. You will be better served with a throttle lock of some sort.

Beary, In the interest of your safety, I would not purchase a throttle rocker. You are a new owner of the FJR and as you may have learned it has a rather touchy throttle. On slow maneuvers you can accidently hit that thing and send the bike surging out of control. You will be better served with a throttle lock of some sort.
Interesting. Ok I'll wait on the throttle rocker until I get use to the throttle. I just ordered the Go Cruise just to get started, but I will see how it goes. I am also considering one of the third party cruise controls for a winter project.

Great stuff guys, thanks.

Beary

Here's a question, This is my first bike with a center stand and I'm having a bear of a time getting the bike up on the stand. Am I doing it wrong or do I just need to work out some more? I was told to just pull strait up.

Beary

Interesting. Ok I'll wait on the throttle rocker until I get use to the throttle. I just ordered the Go Cruise just to get started, but I will see how it goes. I am also considering one of the third party cruise controls for a winter project.

Great stuff guys, thanks.

Beary
I respect the concern for safety - don't ask me how I know but I didn't crash so all is good. Position the throttle rocker low enough on the hand grip and you can avoid unexpected and unwanted twists of the throttle.

DOH - Old Guy got me beat by 30 seconds.... LOL

Good job man.... !!