Heated grips.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you fellas for your care and time. Guys like you make the forum helpful and enjoyable.
I went ahead and ordered a pair of puppies. Looks like they should do the job.

I don't mind the thickness (thinness?) of the OEM grips although it did take some time to get used to it. Mine are wearing a bit and pretty soon I will be getting some sort of grip cover. The Grip Buddies referenced above are available in a "regular" and thinner (Lite) version. I like the fact that they will transmit heat better than the Grip Puppies and are (supposed to be) more water resistant and longer lasting. I will probably look into the Re-Grip as posted by @Whooshka as well. Any of the solutions are reasonably inexpensive and none should damage the existing grip; so easy to change if you don't like it.

Note: I think the Grip Buddies used to be sold as Beemer Buddies and the original website had a bit more information...
These are installed by wrapping around the original grip rather than slipping over it.

I've tried all 3 mentioned (Grip Buddy Lites, a little thinner than the regular or Puppies). My experience is Re-Grip transferred heat best. But like the others it just takes a while longer to feel the heat as opposed the the stockers.

I'm rocking Grip Buddies and it does take a bit for the heat to get through. But it does get there. Personally, I very much like the thicker, softer grip - YMMV. Personal choice is a wonderful thing.

I have been using Grip Buddies on my last two FJR's. I am using the thin version. As reported here the heat from the grip warmers takes a while to get through. I like the idea of punching some holes in them to let the heat get through.

It was 45 degrees on the ride home tonight from work. I tried the heated grips for the first time no gloves. On the 3 setting my hands was actually uncomfortably hot with the Grip Puppies. I do agree they are a little to fat if I wear my gloves plus seem to be very "sticky" with its soft leather. Still far better than stock and I have large hands. I do love these gloves though. Mine is the older style with extra pad in the area that is now black. Also has a velcro cuff. Hate that they changed the style. I did a lap around the neighborhood with the gloves on and could still feel the heat.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-26 1.48.43 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-26 1.48.43 AM.png
    322.6 KB · Views: 1