Hoist one for Twowheelnut

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tim would slap me for it not being alcoholic but I'll have an unleaded beer anyway.

To Timothy Jude Bates!

Thanks, Tim, for having shared with all of us your sense of wonder at what the road can bring.

Not that we did not all know it in any event, but it was always enhanced, somehow, by sharing it with you.

TBJToast2012.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from a walk with the missus, looked at the time, and went to the downstairs fridge for a cold dark beer. Imbibing as I type.

Cheers Tim!

1345677003[/url]' post='993396']Met Tim at NAFO 08, never really got to know him other than by reputation through the others here... cheers mate!
Same for me!
Raised a glass of Rum & Rootbeer @ 6:00. Photo coming.

In the tradition of Tim, I've been at it for a "spell" now. ;)

I still remember waking up this morning four years ago hung over as fuk, (Birthdays still make me drunk) an reading Iggys post. I just knew I was drunk and it was a bad dream :(

I owe ya Tim and dad!! in the same year,one passes 2 days before my BDay, one the day after.

I'll get even with you fukers.

Very nice everyone! :yahoo:

Phone call from Chris at 5 before, email from Joseph, and I know Richard was thinking of Tim too.

A few pix, for folks like BlueJag who haven't yet been here, yet. BllueJag, your sign is doing well, my friend.

1.jpg

For Chris, Tims brother...

2.jpg

For me. This is Tim's Wabs..

3.jpg

Just got back from a walk with the missus, looked at the time, and went to the downstairs fridge for a cold dark beer. Imbibing as I type.

Cheers Tim!

Me,too. Not a walk with the missus, but just home from work and imbibing as I type.

Keiths IPA

Did Tim like salt & vinegar potato chips ? :rolleyes:

Cheers Tim!

Me,too. Not a walk with the missus, but just home from work and imbibing as I type.

Keiths IPA

Of course! Especially if.... (you fill in the rest!)

Cheers Tim!

Keiths IPA

Of course! Especially if.... (you fill in the rest!)
Especially if .....the vinegar was malt ? (my fav :D )

Especially if .....they're dipped in the beer (or scotch) ?

Especially if .... <deleted>....(I never knew Tim so I can't be my usual smart-ass self....)

Very thoughtful of you, Don, to start this thread in memory of a dear friend.

Thinking many thoughts of TWN. Never knew him in person, but I always wanted to see what TWN had to say. Thank you DC for reminding us how special Tim was.

Especially if .... <deleted>....(I never knew Tim so I can't be my usual smart-ass self....)

Very thoughtful of you, Don, to start this thread in memory of a dear friend.
Actually MEM, you are on the right track!Hmm... Especially if on the belly of a good looking woman?

Thank you, MEM, Tim *was* a very good peep.

Thinking many thoughts of TWN. Never knew him in person, but I always wanted to see what TWN had to say. Thank you DC for reminding us how special Tim was.
I wish more peeps could have met and known Tim. The nature of the virtual world is temporary. Peeps come and go dependent upon changing interests, values, time, and money. Some, though, touch your heart forever due to their unique perception of life, values, and morals. Trust me, amigo, if you had met Tim, rode with Tim, had freaking FUN with Tim... well, it's just like the peeps you know and ride with, my message is to enjoy each ride, each moment, each wonderful life moment where things are simply, well, good.

With this I'm done...

Goodnight, Tim

:fuck:

Hugs n' Kisses

First met Tim sitting on the steps of the Hotel in Reno. He commented that my bike looked like shit, then laughed loudly. I commented that we both used the same hair color, then he took his hat off and flew the bird. Had a cold one at dinner and me and the missus toasted his memory. Too soon it was.

I never got to meet TWN. He passed away the day before the Big Bear ride that we would have met. I would have really liked to have had the chance to compare the internet TWN to the real TWN. Either way, here's to ya. Vaya con Dios mi amigo.

ToasttoTWN2012.jpg

Adding a little Blantons to the mix as I type this...

Drank a beer. Tim probably would recommend something stronger but it is a school night. Miss you TWN.

Hudson and I, beer for Dave and Crown & a big fat stinky cigar for me, did the toast at 6 last night.

Last time I spent time with Tim was at Andrew's wake. Who would of thought Tim would have been gone so soon after that ... damn, damn, just damn.

Don, you know that it pains me to say this, you are a good friend.