Hoist one for Twowheelnut

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done everyone!

25.JPG

delete -- What the heck is up with me, my mouse or keyboard (?) and my inability to post a single cogent paragraph just once

Last edited by a moderator:
Don -- that pic of Tim and Patty on his HD brings tears to my eyes. At the memorial, at dinner, I sat next to the cute blonde (a Realtor, but I forget her name) who was Patty's friend and talked -- about those two meeting, about their MC riding history, about their work and friends. Those two were very, very well liked in their hometown and among friends. I only met Patty that day, and remember her heartfelt comments to us about not ignoring signs (BP, heart, etc.) so that we would remain alive and in our loved ones' lives. To see that pic and know they're both gone now is too sad. That they're back together is some solace, however.

Don -- that pic of Tim and Patty on his HD brings tears to my eyes. At the memorial, at dinner, I sat next to the cute blonde (a Realtor, but I forget her name) who was Patty's friend and talked -- about those two meeting, about their MC riding history, about their work and friends. Those two were very, very well liked in their hometown and among friends. I only met Patty that day, and remember her heartfelt comments to us about not ignoring signs (BP, heart, etc.) so that we would remain alive and in our loved ones' lives. To see that pic and know they're both gone now is too sad. That they're back together is some solace, however.
+1, Gunny; very well spoken by Rich, I also take solace in the fact that Tim and Patty are riding together every day in Heaven!

delete -- What the heck is up with me, my mouse or keyboard (?) and my inability to post a single cogent paragraph just once
FJR Forum Folks, please observe that Rich lives in Grass Valley! TwoWheelNut would have pointed that fact out to us!
Don, if you'd been paying attention to the local news here, you would know that just last week, there was a discovery and subsequent eradication/CONFISCATION of a massive grow but a few miles south of me, obviously affecting supply. It's simply age, and not the chronic that is affecting my posting since moving here a couple months ago and getting my Broadband hookup a couple days ago.

Thanks Don. Great job!

Thoroughly enjoyed talking with you and Joseph (MCML) at toast time perfectly synchronized using the US Naval Observatory Master Clock. Fairlaner probably hoisted as well unless he's booked on the SS Minnow.

I appreciate everybody's remembrance of my brother. On a side note, you may not know that Tim died on our father's brithday and three days prior to our mother's birthday.

Looking forward to link-up operations in the SOCAL sunshine Columbus Day weekend.

De Oppresso Liber.

TWNBRO

Beverage hoisted at 9:00 Pm eastern time yesterday. As usual, a couple of beverages put me to sleep so I'm late posting it.

Rich, you babble incoherently pretty well......er, poorly.

Chris, thanks for the phone call, it meant a lot...and you do know, don't you, that Tim kept a Special Forces decal on his bike during a period of time when you guys were not in close contact.

Don, as others have written, and more have thought, good job, brother.

It's "funny" (when I find a better word I'll edit this post) but when I snapped this photo one morning in Hyder, Alaska, just before Tim and I headed for some "shortcut" through the wilderness, all I was thinking of was the motorcycle touring-GPS-inspired irony. Over the past few years,however, it has taken on additional layers of meaning. Travel well, Tim.

54RoutetoNowhere.jpg

For those of us that tuned in late...I gather Tim passed away due to heart failure? How long after did Patty follow? and by what cause?

This thread has choked me up again. There aren't many people so well liked and remembered.

I ought to be "Jimmy Kicked" for being absent on the board yesterday and missing this, but never too late to make a toast to Tim. Even though I rarely have a drink couldn't think of a better reason not to. I first met Tim at WFO in Reno and knew he was genuine people right then. Cheers to Tim, Patti, and Andrew, you are all sorely missed. PM. ;)

For those of us that tuned in late...I gather Tim passed away due to heart failure? How long after did Patty follow? and by what cause?

This thread has choked me up again. There aren't many people so well liked and remembered.
We have a section on the board with this kind of thing, and more info/threads about this beautiful couple are there, but here's the two essential threads:

Tim

Patti

Kleenex box required, but synopsis is: Tim died in his desk chair and Patti discovered him when she brought dinner in to him. Patti died from cancer less than 18 months later.

Y'know what... I've decide to raise another glass tonight not only for TWN and Patti but because I feel it's just a nice idea to remember those who have traveled to the Great Beyond before us and to those dear friends still here that I hope stick around for a lot longer. :)

And it gives me another excuse to hoist a glass.... :D

I missed this altogether.

That's okay...I miss Tim all the time.

So many others remarked during our trip to Castlegar how they still carry Tim and Andrew with them. I can still hear their voices in my head and replay radio conversations we had while riding through some lovely scenery of waaay fun roads.

Missed? Check!

Am I a better person for knowing him? You betcha!

Peculiar: I was in Andrew's old neighborhood today and drove by the Community Center....heavy sigh.....

Wonderful tributes to Tim.

I have more, but, uh, technical difficulties are present!

Dave, London Calling, bud..

(e x c e l l e n t p i x ! )

DSC01187-1.jpg