Hooking up for the ride in... (your ride plans)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Teachers get exempted pretty quick around here.

Google ways to get out of jury duty.

Lots of ideas there. Some good some not so much.

Good luck with that.

My schedule is in the wind. Depends on the outcome of jury duty?Anyone tried the crazy approach to get out of it?
Yeah, just being yourself should work! Tell them a story!
lol.gif

My schedule is in the wind. Depends on the outcome of jury duty?Anyone tried the crazy approach to get out of it?
Not sure about VA, but here in PA they mail the "invitation" by regular mail. There is no proof that has been rec'd, therefore it goes into the garbage. Has worked for me so far!

In my neck of the woods, we're allowed to postpone our duty to another month. When I called to do that last time, the woman told me my juror number was so high I really didn't need to worry about getting picked as they never got that far. Called the toll free number (from South America) the night before I was supposed to report and the automation said I was released from duty. Took a bit of a chance, but not much of one.

Not sure about VA, but here in PA they mail the "invitation" by regular mail. There is no proof that has been rec'd, therefore it goes into the garbage. Has worked for me so far!
Ha ha, that's funny.

Unfortunately, the subpoena you'll get for not responding to the "invitation" has no sense of humor.

Yeah, just being yourself should work! Tell them a story!
lol.gif
lol! That's some funny shit right there... Mike, if you find yourself leaving on Thursday & you'd like to hook up for the ride south, contact me. Is Jackie coming down this year? & I have a sneaking suspicion that Kim & I will be on our own on the way into town this time around. That's cool, too.

Boomer, we plan on leaving early Thursday morning too, from Stone Mountain. I am thinking earlier the better, only because of rush-hour (and you know it's bad no matter what direction you are heading). I say early, but in reality I haven't even discussed it with my husband yet. He likes to give me a hard time when I say I plan on getting up super early to go ride and then just end up hitting the snooze for another hour or two. But, I've been excited about this for weeks so I don't see me hitting snooze that Thursday morning. Either way, I'll show him your post and see what he thinks!

Hi Heidi,
This was a good idea...

I will be leaving Exit 7 Woodstock GA north on I-575 around 8:30am (on Thursday)

It only takes 2 1/2 hours to get to the Tail of the Dragon from here and Hwy 129 between Robbinsville and Deals Gap is one of my favorite rides

Will have lunch in Telico Plains and then take the Cherohala Skyway back to Robbinsville

Will have to decide weather to take cut over to Hwy 28 or straight back to Hwy 74 so I can go through the Nantahala Gorge

and then boggie over to the hotel.... Should be at the hotel well before 4pm

If I went straight to the Hotel it is only 167 miles and a little over 3 hours so side trips on the way up is the way to go

If anyone wants to ride along let me know.. reply or PM

Later, Boomer
It is difficult to get across town in the morning... I go up I575 while most others are headed south to work(sorry about the 4 letter work there)

Let me know what your route will be and maybe we can join up further down the road.... Boomer

You will be on my morning commute.

The Top End bogs down at Peachtree Industrial (either direction), Ashford Dunwoody (either direction), and I-75. "Bogs down" means below 55 mph. Once on I-75 northbound, there are enough lanes to set the cruise on 75 and settle back. Watch for the occasional doofus actually driving the speed limit on I-75 NB between Delk and the 575 split. They'll likely have Cherokee County plates, and Boomer612 will probably agree with me on that.

The courts don't have a sense of humor. No T-shirts, so kill them all and let god sort them out plan is out the window. Actually they called and said they will give me the days off I requested and excused if it goes over?

Jackie is coming.

"We aren't riding the same road again are we". Referring to to the oil spill incident. I got you a new jacket, better protection.

You will be on my morning commute.
The Top End bogs down at Peachtree Industrial (either direction), Ashford Dunwoody (either direction), and I-75. "Bogs down" means below 55 mph. Once on I-75 northbound, there are enough lanes to set the cruise on 75 and settle back. Watch for the occasional doofus actually driving the speed limit on I-75 NB between Delk and the 575 split. They'll likely have Cherokee County plates, and Boomer612 will probably agree with me on that.
I was an outside service tech for 28 years driving around Atlanta and you are correct....

but now I'm happily retired and don't give a hoot.., I love my new attitude...

The courts don't have a sense of humor. No T-shirts, so kill them all and let god sort them out plan is out the window. Actually they called and said they will give me the days off I requested and excused if it goes over?
Jackie is coming.

"We aren't riding the same road again are we". Referring to to the oil spill incident. I got you a new jacket, better protection.
I wasn't riding with you when you performed your swan dive into the pavement. I don't know what road that is... but we'd probably not be riding it a 2nd time.

& no t-shirts in court, huh? Immediately after you said that I pictured you in your "If my bike could blow me" shirt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jackie is coming.

I wasn't riding with you when you performed your swan dive into the pavement. I don't know what road that is... but we'd probably not be riding it a 2nd time.

& no t-shirts in court, huh? Immediately after you said that I pictured you in your "If my bike could blow me" shirt.
Or the "Fuck You Bob" shirt in Judge Robert Somethingorothers courtroom. (sorry judge...didn't know yer name was Bob).

Oh well...you guys (you too Heidi) have fun at EOM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great idea for a thread, Heidi!
Although I am not travelling your direction, I am looking for someone who I can meet up with along the way from Indiana to NC. I will be leaving Thursday morning and need to be down at Maggie Valley by the evening.
I'll be heading out on Thurs as well. You want some company? PM me

My plan is to leave the PIttsburgh area Thursday meeting a sport touring group that will ride to Lewisburg, WV Meetup is 9:00 AM at a McDonalds near I-70 and I-76 southeast of Pittsburgh. The ride is rural backroads on the Allegheny front through MD and WVA to Lewisburg 310 miles, and overnight at the Quality Inn at I-64 and U.S. 219.

Leave Friday AM for Magee Valley via Tazwell - Marion on Hwy 16, picking up the Blue Ridge Pkwy at Deep Gap. Distance Friday is 336 miles and covers significant parts of the Blue Ridge PKWY route posted for the EOM.

If anyone is interested in a GPX file or wants to tag along, let me know.