Horsepower of 2006?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clintster11

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the horsepower for my 2006 FJR with Remus Pipes and a power commander. Poked around the site and could not find an answer. Guy I bought it from did not know and I am curious.

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
At the crank. Somewhat less at the rear wheel. (In the lower to mid 130's, I would guess.)

Don't look for major (or sometimes even measureable) horsepower gains with either the Power Commander or a set of slip-on aftermarket cans.

The Power Commander can tame the throttle a bit (snatchy throttle on 2006, 2007 due to factory lean setting), but doesn't give you much HP. You will pay for the richer low end with greater fuel consumption.

Last edited by a moderator:
FJR's typically run 122 - 127 Hp and 88 - 90 torque at the rear wheel. Go to jail velocities are only a twist of the wrist away...
rolleyes.gif

--G

My 03 with Staintune slip on mufflers and a power commander dynoed at 128. That was at sea level.

yes agree with mcatrophy....enough...I've heard you lose approx 20% from crank to rear wheel, not sure if that was calculated on a bike with chain drive or shaft and even if that makes any difference, anywho, you have enough.

Rider Magazine, December 2007 tested the FJR against other sport touring machines and dyno'd each.

124.5 horsepower and 90.2 ft lbs of torque for the 2007 FJR at the rear wheel.

Plenty of power to "Go directly to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200 dollars"....

Biknflyfisher