Hot Grips Heat Troller deal

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happy Rider

Reaction score
I called Hot Grips and asked about using a Heat Troller. I know the setup works but wanted to know if they sell the Heat Troller. Hot Grips said that they do not sell the Heat Troller. They told me to try www.Lockitt.com because they offer a Hot Grips and Heat Troller deal when you buy them both. Anyway I got a set of open end Hot Grips with the ribs, bar mounted Heat Troller and the PowerPoxy adhesive (recommended by Hot Grips) for $138.06 delivered. I thought it was a good price and Lockitt had good fast customer service for delivery and questions.

Installation was easy using the instructions from FJR Tech, the grips work great, and the price was good.

I just thought I would share this if anyone was in the market for heated grips. :D

IMGP1489.jpg

I have the exact same setup and really like it. They are slightly ovesized and that was a big plus for me. I don't think they are hard. They are quite "grippy", in fact. They get real warm, too. I had a bad experience with what was probably a defective set of Symtec heaters that didn't heat well. These absolutely solved that problem.

Thanks for the post. Can you tell us the exact length etc? (4.75, 5.25?) That you bought, I am a bit naive/too lazy to measure here.

Also, do you think this would interfere with a throttlemeister in any way?

I called Hot Grips and asked about using a Heat Troller. I know the setup works but wanted to know if they sell the Heat Troller. Hot Grips said that they do not sell the Heat Troller. They told me to try www.Lockitt.com because they offer a Hot Grips and Heat Troller deal when you buy them both. Anyway I got a set of open end Hot Grips with the ribs, bar mounted Heat Troller and the PowerPoxy adhesive (recommended by Hot Grips) for $138.06 delivered. I thought it was a good price and Lockitt had good fast customer service for delivery and questions.
Installation was easy using the instructions from FJR Tech, the grips work great, and the price was good.

I just thought I would share this if anyone was in the market for heated grips. :D
This is off topic, but how is that RAM Ball mounted, looks pretty cleaver. Could you pls post some more pics of where it is installed?

TIA

The Ram ball mount is installed in the extra mirror hole on the left grip. There should be a little black plug in yours if you are not using it. The hole takes a M10x25x1.25 pitch bolt that I got at OSH.

The grips are opened ends and are 5.25 inches long. I use a Vista Cruise so I can't say how a Throttlemeister would work. I don't think it would be a problem because it would just go in the end of the right bar. Hot Grips says you should not use any friction lock. They just don't want to get sued. Here are a few more photos.

IMGP1493.jpg

IMGP1492.jpg

IMGP1491.jpg

The Ram ball mount is installed in the extra mirror hole on the left grip. There should be a little black plug in yours if you are not using it. The hole takes a M10x25x1.25 pitch bolt that I got at OSH.
The grips are opened ends and are 5.25 inches long. I use a Vista Cruise so I can't say how a Throttlemeister would work. I don't think it would be a problem because it would just go in the end of the right bar. Hot Grips says you should not use any friction lock. They just don't want to get sued. Here are a few more photos.
Thanks for that, now i see what threw me off, I've never seen the "extension" RAM mount used in that place, just the direct ball screwed in.

Does the inside end fit under the Vista Control or do you have to modify the grip to fit, like you do with the stock grips?

Does the inside end fit under the Vista Control or do you have to modify the grip to fit, like you do with the stock grips?

I did have to trim the stock grips, like you said, to get the Vista Crise to work.

The Hot Grips fit with no modification to the grips. Just make sure you leave enough room for the Vista Cruise before the glue sets. You don't want any glue on the throttle assembly where the Vista Cruise sits.I put a small strip of blue painters tape around the grip where the Vista Cruise went to avoid getting any glue in that area. After I got the grip slid into the correct position I removed the strip of tape before the glue set.

I did have to trim the stock grips, like you said, to get the Vista Crise to work.

The Hot Grips fit with no modification to the grips. Just make sure you leave enough room for the Vista Cruise before the glue sets. You don't want any glue on the throttle assembly where the Vista Cruise sits.I put a small strip of blue painters tape around the grip where the Vista Cruise went to avoid getting any glue in that area. After I got the grip slid into the correct position I removed the strip of tape before the glue set.
Thanks.

Keep us posted if you hear a forecast for opening up Sonora Pass and Ebbitts. Should be very pretty this year.