Hot Weather Riding Boots...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRocha

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a new pair of riding boots. I will use them in Arizona for everyday commuting. Therefore I need them to be wearable during the inclement summer heat of Arizona (120ºF+). However, most of what I find out there is water-proof, weather-proof, blizard-proof, cooky-toasty kinda boots.

Does anyone know of a good pair of boots for hot weather riding?

P.S. Remember I said boots, not b(o)(o)bs… :D

I wear Bates duty boots. They have laces up the front and side zippers to get them on and off fast. They are light and cool. They are not waterproof but I spray mine with waterproofing and it works well. They have no metal in them so there is nothing to rust if they get wet. Frequently see them on sale for $69.00 at Dick's sporting goods.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wear an 8" Work America boot from Mason shoes. It is not a "motorcycle-specific" boot, but I usually don't get hung up on all that. It gets to be a "store-bought-biker" thing real fast. Anyway, the reason I wear these: Black-goes with everything. Lace up - not the best thing with foot pegs, but I have bad ankles and need the laces for the higher support. Different widths available - I have a narrow foot, wear C width, can't get em just anywhere. They are all-day comfortable and work great for riding. They are leather, so they naturally breathe, not insullated so tollerable in the heat. They cost 'bout a hundred or so. With my bad feet and ankles, this is one of the very, very few pairs of footwear that I have ever been able to take right out of the box and wear all day.

How do y'all think these would look with shorts? (ya know, after I doff the riding suit and leave it locked to the bike). I don't like riding with exposed laces, had a bad experience with a hooked lace loop and almost dropped 'er once.

I am not a big fan of laces either. With these weird feet though, I need the adjustability. I can tighten them like an ankle brace. Trick is, tie the laces on the outside of your ankle, then tuck the strings into the top.

What's an eff'd-up footed guy to do?

What's an eff'd-up footed guy to do?
Get an avatar? But seriously, the boots I linked to have laces, but they also have a velcro'd cover to nail 'em down with. Looks kind ghey, but hey, "Function over form", right? They don't look much worse than those slip-on basketball gangsta clogs.

Sidi Vertigo Air

202215_330_FR_06.JPG

Just wear a pair of socks for christ's sake. Might get rid of the stink, even. You should smell my cowboy boots that I wear....mmmmmmmmm.........that's nasty. I go through a pair of cowboy boots every six months. A combination of walking and wearing and riding. Starts getting bad after the first rain storm I walk though. I have samples if you want to check them out.

I used to wear the magnums too. A good choice as well.

Toecutter, I am working on the avatar thing. I can't rush though, you know how the last one worked out. Half the forum members are still in therapy. I can't just post [/i]anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do y'all think these would look with shorts? (ya know, after I doff the riding suit and leave it locked to the bike). I don't like riding with exposed laces, had a bad experience with a hooked lace loop and almost dropped 'er once.
TC,

The other half says we're gonna need a picy of yer legs ta see if they'll look ok with them booties :p

btw, She likes yer face a bit to much :huh: so please delete it as I can't get any sleep lately........ er, then again leave it, I'm getting alot more activity in the romper room though the poster size shot of yer mug on the headboard is startin' ta bug me :blink:

:jester:

TC,The other half says we're gonna need a picy of yer legs ta see if they'll look ok with them booties :p

btw, She likes yer face a bit to much :huh:   so please delete it as I can't get any sleep lately........ er, then again leave it, I'm getting alot more activity in the romper room though the poster size shot of yer mug on the headboard is startin' ta bug me  :blink:

:jester:
Well, uh, :blush2: :blushing:

Eve says trust her, the legs aren't going to mess up the look any.

If I start posting my partial nudity, there are those here who will expect equal time with Eve's normally covered anatomical features, and then the whole forum is degraded to debauchery. So let's just leave it all to the imagination, at least until WFO. :innocent: